Wildlife/Animal Thread

Started by ice grillin you, December 06, 2006, 11:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

I guess its one of these since dumb ass channel 7 wont say like its a matter of national security or some shtein..

QuoteFor the first time since the 1940s, D.C. is now home to three—three!—bald eagle nests. After the first nest was speculated—and later confirmed—to be in the National Arboretum, another one was discovered at the Metropolitan Police Department's training facility academy. And now, a third has been discovered at the West Campus of St. Elizabeth's.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

I see eagles every day in my yard.  I just want to see them successfully scoop up one of my wifes chickens, preferably the white one because its privileged and mean. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

How about you scoop that bastich up and cook him for dinner?

smeags

Starting to see them flying around my house. Frigging cool as hell seeing them everytime
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 17, 2016, 09:10:31 AM
Gotta get approval from the farmer lady aka wife.  We have 4 of them, 1 Plymouth Rock Red, 1 Leghorn, 1 Easter Egger, and 1 blue hen.  They finally started up producing eggs after taking two months off so they won't see the cleaver until next year. 

Two years ago I got a call when the Eagles were playing the titans that a Hawk had tried to take the white chicken out.  She heard the shriek of the hawk as it came down and just saw something fly by the window and then a cloud of feathers.  The chicken aka French Fry lucked out and was pushed into a butter fly bush patch and the hawk couldn't or wouldn't chase it down on the ground.  The yard looked like a murder scene though. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on February 17, 2016, 11:52:24 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 17, 2016, 09:10:31 AM
Gotta get approval from the farmer lady aka wife.  We have 4 of them, 1 Plymouth Rock Red, 1 Leghorn, 1 Easter Egger, and 1 blue hen.  They finally started up producing eggs after taking two months off so they won't see the cleaver until next year. 

Two years ago I got a call when the Eagles were playing the titans that a Hawk had tried to take the white chicken out.  She heard the shriek of the hawk as it came down and just saw something fly by the window and then a cloud of feathers.  The chicken aka French Fry lucked out and was pushed into a butter fly bush patch and the hawk couldn't or wouldn't chase it down on the ground.  The yard looked like a murder scene though.

Today I learned there are different kinds of chickens...did not know that.

Nor did I know hawks hunt chickens. I thought they stuck to smaller animals

Sgt PSN

Have you ever seen the size of a farging hawk?  By comparison, chickens are smaller animals.

PhillyPhreak54

I have seen bald eagles but don't recall seeing a hawk close enough to get an idea of the size

QB Eagles

Phreak, you never heard of Henery Hawk trying to eat Foghorn Leghorn?

Raptors sometimes go after some pretty big prey. A famous pre-human fossil known as the Taung Child is widely believed to have been carried off and eaten by eagles.

PhillyPhreak54

I don't know who Henery Hawk is...

Geowhizzer

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 17, 2016, 08:32:37 PM
I don't know who Henery Hawk is...

I don't, say, I don't think this boy's got all his marbles.

PhillyPhreak54

Wow lol I never knew his name

Learned another thing today!

Sgt PSN

They tried really hard to keep his name a secret.

https://youtu.be/DW5bqY5Xats