Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Most all of these candidates will crush him. Biden would prob do it on Obama's coattails/name rec alone, though his nomination would suck a lot of energy out of the young left.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Munson on February 19, 2019, 04:04:44 PM
Most all of these candidates will crush him. Biden would prob do it on Obama's coattails/name rec alone, though his nomination would suck a lot of energy out of the young left.

We all thought Hilary would crush him too

If the economies still humming along and he can stop acting like an imbecile for a few weeks he's not getting beat by an average Dem candidate.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

Quote from: AO1 on February 19, 2019, 04:56:30 PM
Quote from: Munson on February 19, 2019, 04:04:44 PM

We all thought Hilary would crush him too

If the economies still humming along and he can stop acting like an imbecile for a few weeks he's not getting beat by an average Dem candidate.

I think we all underestimated how unlikable Hillary was, or really how easy it was to make her seem even more unlikable than she really was. I don't think any of these candidates have nearly the same problem she did there, nor the amount of baggage. They're also all much more exciting for the Dem base than HRC ever was. Combine that with the Russia interference, the Comey letter, and the voter suppression efforts and it was a perfect storm that allowed him to sneak by, IMO. I think the voter suppression efforts especially are big deals and if Dem operators are smart, they're in Wisconsin and Michigan already going door to door getting people registered to vote with the proper ID and etc. No doubt that will be a big part of the ground game in 2020.

And then there's Trump....4 years of seeing how he runs things has obviously crushed his numbers. He's not going to get the same amount of voters he won his first election with. And as GF pointed out, there's a serious flaw there in your plan there when it comes to not acting like an idiot :-D

General_Failure

Multiple Whistleblowers Raise Grave Concerns with White House Efforts to Transfer Sensitive U.S. Nuclear Technology to Saudi Arabia

QuoteThe report indicates that there is now serious, bipartisan concern with the Trump Administration's efforts to transfer sensitive U.S. nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia.  For example, on October 31, 2018, Republican Senators Marco Rubio, Todd Young, Cory Gardner, Rand Paul, and Dean Heller sent a letter to President Trump urging him to "suspend talks related to a potential civil nuclear cooperation agreement between the United States and Saudi Arabia" due to "serious concerns about the transparency, accountability, and judgment of current decisionmakers in Saudi Arabia."

Munson

Rome

Hillary won the farging popular vote by 3 million votes.  By any measure she wasn't "unpopular."

She lost the presidency thanks to a rigged electoral system that places more power in an archaic and racist electoral "college" than the votes of actual citizens.

ice grillin you

she lost cause she was the second least popular major presidential candidate ever
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

No.  She lost because white males in this country hate women more than serial liars who brag about committing sexual assault. 

Eagles_Legendz

Munson

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on February 21, 2019, 10:19:00 PM
Both of those things can be true

exactly....even with the misogyny pretty much any competent female other than hillary clinton would have beaten trump...even most hillary supporters and i was one admit she was an awful candidate

i mean she basically didnt campaign in michigan or wisconsin....wtf?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

and she lost by like 30,000 votes combined in those states

you talk to right wingers and trump apologists like my pops you'd think the election was some vast referendum on liberalism...instead of understanding what it actually was.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Billionaire Republican Donor John Childs, A Major Trump Backer, Charged In Florida Prostitution Sting

QuoteChilds had not yet been arrested on Friday, but police issued a warrant for his arrest on a charge of solicitation of prostitution. Childs owns J.W. Childs Associates, an equity firm based out of Massachusetts. As TCPalm.com reported, Childs has been a major donor to Republicans and Republican political action committees, including the conservative Club for Growth, former House Speaker Paul Ryan, and 2012 presidential candidate Mitt Romney.