Best/Worst liked Dog Breeds

Started by hbionic, July 12, 2007, 07:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

I was thinking about it...I've only had a handful of types of dogs growing up...

Doberman
Labrador
Rot Weiler
Border Collie
German Shephard

(we had a mixed dog who was put to sleep for NO reason at all to my surprise)...I never have experienced the joy of pugs, cocker spaniels and boston terriers to name a few.

I could care less about Chihuahuas. They're farging annoying and ugly. farg them!

What are some of your favorites/least liked breeds?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

rjs246

Anything that weighs more than 70 pounds, and preferably 110+ gets my vote. Big lazy slobbering sonsabitches.

Terrible thread, by the way.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

Thank you for rjs your post. I will go ahead and forward your opinion of this thread to my thread editor. Apparently, he said this was the best one out of the bunch today.

I just remembered I did have a dog with an ex of mine. We had a cocker spaniel. That little bitch peed on the carpet more than thrice. She eventually got broken in. She once licked me in the ass while banging the ex. I guess it really does happen. In a weird way though, I guess I can say I experienced a threesome.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

So you've had threesomes with two bitches and two Romes?

Awesome, Chuggie.

:yay

shorebird

Best: Lab, Beagle, Chesapeake.

Worst: Pit Bull, Doberman, Poodle, and any other little ankle biting barking little ball of fur.

Zanshin

I ended up getting an American Hairless Terrier.  Pretty great so far.  I'd ordinarily go for a bigger dog, but this breed had a lot going for it.

Seabiscuit36

Golden Retrievers...Sure there are tons of them out there, but I've had 3.  Best personalities for families.  They love kids(not as much as Pit Bulls evidently) and always want to be with their owners almost to a fault. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

From personal experience, I can say I like basset hounds more than long-haired dachshunds.

From non-personal experience, I can say that I hate all tiny, yippy, easily excitable dogs.  If a dog isn't content to lie around a lot and/or just sit there and lick its own empty/neutered ballsack, then its too high-maintenance.

Basically, any dog that will both be a couch potato but also horse around when I feel like it is a good dog.

ice grillin you

the best: i would never get anything but a black lab

the worst: all small dogs should be euthanized
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Father Demon

Best:  Pit bulls.  Love 'em to death. 

Worst:  Hate little furry, cutsie dogs that my daughter thinks are cats.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Father Demon on July 13, 2007, 08:27:41 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 13, 2007, 08:21:47 AM
the best: i would never get anything but a black lab

Racist.

i aint black....im BROWN!....from the boogie down
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

I grew up with a Siberian Husky - darn scavenger ate a hole in our garage wall.

We also had a yellow lab - the one I had as a kid was very protective of the family.

Both were pertty good dogs, but even Pennsylvania was too warm for the Husky, and she just wasn't a good indoor dog.  She would eat things like nobody's business.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Father Demon on July 13, 2007, 08:28:21 AM
Best:  Pit bulls.  Love 'em to death. 

I have to agree with you, I raised 3 when I lived in diego, great dogs...extrememly loyal. They get a bad rep and most of the time its due the Michael Vick types.

Other dogs I've had: Golden Lab - great dog, had him during my teen years.
Doberman - great dog, had cancer and died before his time
Husky/Shephard mix (my current dog) - great dog, very little maintenance but she sheds a lot.

PhillyPhreak54

Great Dane, German Sheppard, Rottweiler, Chocolate Labs & Boxers

Any little goddamn ankle-biter yip-yappy thing is the worst. I farging hate those little bastiches