Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Now we have a thread for talking about rock shows.  You're welcome.

I saw Art Brut last night and had a great time.  A woman tried to pour a beer over my head.  A beer I had just given her.  She was possibly the drunkest person in the bar.  The band played very well, with lots of energy and fun.  The sound system and mixing were excellent.

I don't know what show I'm going to next.  I'm old and boring and I don't go out much any more.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

Quote from: Diomedes on April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM
Now we have a thread for talking about rock shows.  You're welcome.

I saw Art Brut last night and had a great time.  A woman tried to pour a beer over my head.  A beer I had just given her.  She was possibly the drunkest person in the bar.  The band played very well, with lots of energy and fun.  The sound system and mixing were excellent.

I don't know what show I'm going to next.  I'm old and boring and I don't go out much any more.

Ha, the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the thread title was Art Brut.  I saw him Sunday night in DC.  It was a really kick ass show.  Not sure where you saw him but my venure was really small, few hundred people tops, and it was crazy loud and full of energy.  If any of you haven't heard of him, check it out, he's kinda brit punk/pop, if that's a real thing. 

Diomedes

They played Otto Bar in Baltimore.  Which D.C. venue did you see them play?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

mussa

I havn't been to a show in awhile other than a few small shows at the chameleon in lancaster.  This summer has alot of good tours coming up though.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Rome

The best show I've seen recently was Paul Westerberg at the HOB in Orlando.

Excellent performance.  He was (relatively) sober and in good spirits.  Tight set and a nice mixture of old and new songs.

Diomedes

Quote from: phattymatty on April 11, 2006, 11:26:32 AM
Black Cat

I don't know if you ever went to the "old" Otto bar, but it moved a couple years ago to its present venue.  Much bigger, better sound system, etc.  Anyway..point is I think they aim to be the Baltimore version of the Black Cat. 

I like both places just fine.

Wingspan

my wife and i are considering going to this

anyone ever been to the bonnaroo fest? the lineup looks pretty solid....

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

a few friends of mine went before, said it was great.  i'd love to go to that and coachella.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

I've heard nothing but raves about both bonnaroo and coachella, but I haven't been to either myself.

phattymatty

i considered going to bonnaroo the last few years but always backed out.  everyone that i know that's been has has a blast.

i'm going to jazzfest in new orleans in 2 weeks.  not sure exactly what days i'm going to check out the actual festival yet, but every day has some great bands.

phattymatty

Quote from: Diomedes on April 11, 2006, 01:28:36 PM
I don't know if you ever went to the "old" Otto bar, but it moved a couple years ago to its present venue.  Much bigger, better sound system, etc.  Anyway..point is I think they aim to be the Baltimore version of the Black Cat. 

I like both places just fine.

ah, i didn't know you were in baltimore.  only place i've really ever been there is sonar for hip hop shows.

mussa

Saw TOOL @ Tower Theatre 2 weeks ago. Very good despite lead singer being sick.

I want to see Red Hot Chili Peppers w/ opening guest, The Mars Volta in October. Anyone going to this? They just added another show. 

Wingspan

i'm going to see Mike Doughty at the TLA on 6/16
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

i was going to go to that, but i got too much going on in june.  my buddy and his girl are going. they are the annoying couple who are attached like glue. spill a beer on anyone if you notice any PDA.  :yay