Jordan Matthews, WR, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, May 09, 2014, 08:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Of course you can.  It happens every year.   You can't stick in the NFL without it, but damn sure you can get in on talent alone.  Plenty of college players were the best on every team they were ever on, including college, and didn't have to work much for it.  They cruise through until they get to the pros, and then shtein gets real. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

but you dont become the best without work ethic

forget super athletes that play high school sports and never pan out in college....do you know how many athletically gifted kids dont even play sports in high school?

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

You don't become Jerry Rice without work ethic, true.

You do become FredEx or Titus Young, or any number of other players who were literally better football players than anyone on their team, or on opposing teams, with perhaps two or three exceptions, until they landed in the NFL.

I'm surprised you disagree.  How anyone could think that the guys drafted each year got there on hard work, confuses me. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on June 11, 2014, 11:07:27 AM
I'm surprised you disagree. 

Lol

Heard nothing but rave reviews about Matthews. I'm happy they drafted a wr with size.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

rjs246

Quote from: SD on June 11, 2014, 11:12:20 AM
Lol

Seriously. IGY has convinced himself that he isn't a troll in one of the greatest cases of willful congitive dissonance in history, but he lives to disagree with people and spout contrary opinions for their own sake, even when they contradict his own previous opinions. Frankly I'm surprised that this needed to be pointed out to Dio.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

when you are wrong you are wrong

and to think a player can make the nfl with no work ethic is as absurd as it gets

Chameleon

I am in the middle of reading "Talent is Overrated". I am not so sure the saying applies very well to rookies in the NFL. They may have been forced to go thru some sick camps, but that doesn't mean someone has great work ethic. The laziest horse runs like hell when it feels the whip.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Chameleon on June 11, 2014, 12:36:01 PM
I am in the middle of reading "Talent is Overrated". I am not so sure the saying applies very well to rookies in the NFL. They may have been forced to go thru some sick camps, but that doesn't mean someone has great work ethic. The laziest horse runs like hell when it feels the whip.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Chameleon

Laughing on forums, Hoydas in real life.

I am right. You can infer that I am a racist all you want.

Chameleon

Quote from: Chameleon on June 11, 2014, 12:36:01 PM

ice grillin you

Rome

Same as in racehorses, Mortimer, it's in the blood.

hbionic

For a second...when this conversation turned to 'Matthews'...I sat there and thought, "Who the farg is Matthews"...then I remembered, it's the same guy we were talking about the whole time.

Maybe names aren't the best way to identify ourselves individually...maybe we should come up with another system.  :paranoid
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05