Where are you watching the superbowl?

Started by Beermonkey, January 25, 2018, 07:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I love the Eagles but my farging kids are going to school every day it's open. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on January 27, 2018, 01:29:11 PM

You might love the Eagles but you don't understand being an Eagles fan.

Diomedes

If being an Eagles fan means holding your kids out of school so your hung over ass can party more, you're right.  I don't understand.  If it means blowing $300 so you can watch the game and party in Philly, even when that means missing paid work and bills going unpaid, you're right.  I don't understand.

If school is open, and my kids aren't sick, they go.  Education>>Parade

If I ain't got no money, I ain't spending on frivolous shtein.  Rent >> Football.

That's me, though.  I'm just not a real Eagles fan, huh?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on January 27, 2018, 02:21:51 PM
If being an Eagles fan means holding your kids out of school so your hung over ass can party more, you're right.  I don't understand.  If it means blowing $300 so you can watch the game and party in Philly, even when that means missing paid work and bills going unpaid, you're right.  I don't understand.

If school is open, and my kids aren't sick, they go.  Education>>Parade

If I ain't got no money, I ain't spending on frivolous shtein.  Rent >> Football.

That's me, though.  I'm just not a real Eagles fan, huh?

You don't understand the magnitude of what's going to happen if the Eagles win the super bowl. I don't know your relation to the Philly area but the city and surrounding areas will be unlike anything ever seen in the entire history of the world. Nobody I know is sending their kids to school if they win. Schools and businesses might as well shutdown because the entire city will be in a celebratory state of disarray. Nobody can imagine the outpour of emotion the region will experience. A win would let the city and fans move on...if you don't know what I'm talking about you never will. Life is more about experiences than it is sitting in a classroom. This is a once in a lifetime experience that most of us have been waiting for our entire lives. The "party and hungover" line is a dumb cliche because this goes beyond that. The Eagles have been a huge part of my entire life. I honestly feel like if I died before they won a Super Bowl that my life will have ended incomplete.

Financially I'm very well off, much better than I ever thought I'd be... granted I work 70 hours a week but I love my job. I don't have the luxury of help from another parent. In fact I have to pay the bitch $700 a month until I can get full legal custody. My daughter is an honor roll student, she plays the clarinet and takes Tae Kwon Do...she can afford to miss a few days of school. I asked her teacher if there'd be a problem with missing school so I could take her to Disneyworld for a few days and she laughed and said of course not.

I'm not questioning your fandom, we've spent 15 years give or take talking about the Eagles on  this forum. I don't think you appreciate what a win would mean to peoples lives. 10 years from now my daughters always going to remember the elation and joy of the city...nothing will ever match that.

Rome

Well said and I agree.  I'm a bit older than most of you and the old joke "just one before I die" isn't nearly as funny as it used to be.  I already cleared my schedule for the week after. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

I was grumpy even before kids but yeah, the responsibility is a drag.

Rome

So it looks like my plans have changed.  My buddy texted me a while ago and told me he is driving up to Philly for the game, so I'm going up with him.   Holy shtein this is happening.  I'm booking a room in CC for Sunday and Monday.  Now all I need is a place to watch it. 

Rome

We're leaving Friday night and should be there by Saturday morning.

Sgt PSN

I'll be in the city somewhere.  Not exactly sure yet.  Leaning towards the SouthHouse on 13th, just a couple blocks off Broad. 

Rome

I'd love to do McGillins but that's probably out unless we get there at Noon. 

ice grillin you

mcgillins isnt all tickets....the downstairs is definitely first come first in the upstairs holds way more than 100 so maybe only 100 is the deal but the rest is regular bar....worth calling and asking
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on January 27, 2018, 02:06:01 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 27, 2018, 01:29:11 PM

You might love the Eagles but you don't understand being an Eagles fan.

i love dio...great guy

but hes from connecticut

no one outside the delaware valley can ever understand this

also the money stuff is valid i would never tell anyone what to do with theirs but lol at the false equivalency of missing a day of school means you dont care about education
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I'm willing to bet the schools will be closed anyways