Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

What happened to the game thread?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

I accidentally trashed the game thread trying to post on my phone. Whoops.

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on January 13, 2019, 07:50:19 PM
I accidentally trashed the game thread trying to post on my phone. Whoops.

You accidentally deleted the Eagles offense too.

MDS

im not talking talent im talking everything...is nick foles the 2nd best eagle qb ever behind randall

mcnabb is a loser who i refuse to acknowledge...wentz isnt there yet....jaws stinks...dont @ me
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

The most successful one, at least.

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 13, 2019, 10:34:16 PM
im not talking talent im talking everything...is nick foles the 2nd best eagle qb ever behind randall

mcnabb is a loser who i refuse to acknowledge...wentz isnt there yet....jaws stinks...dont @ me

I'd probably throw Van Brocklin in the mix but if we're talking post 80's I'd rank em Foles, McNabb, Randall. Foles for the simple fact that he won a Super Bowl. RC and Mcwhiner have more natural athletic ability and much better arms but in big moments they always came up short.

MDS

"all time eagles" isnt just talent....its everything that goes into it

thats why 5 isnt even the radar. yeah the stats are there and some wins are, too, but he is just the worst person ever and a black hole of a personality that id rather watch kevin kolb play for them than him
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on January 14, 2019, 10:13:13 AM

thats why 5 isnt even the radar. yeah the stats are there and some wins are, too, but he is just the worst person ever and a black hole of a personality that id rather watch kevin kolb play for them than him

But #5 will always love you!

smeags

Quote from: Geowhizzer on January 14, 2019, 11:19:49 AM

But #5 will always love you!

im convinced 5 was thinking of the bottle of henney he had waiting in his car when he said that.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

He gets quite a few colds and uses cough medicine, here's video proof

https://youtu.be/DNnmjnbHHnU

NC_Eagle

Huh, I'd forgotten we had Rodney Peete at QB for a while.

IRT Randall, I think he did okay considering he was like 75% of the team's offense (air/ground) most years he was here.
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

Zanshin

I agree with you...but I can't possibly be the only one to remember that the M in MDS stand for McNabb, right? Wasn't it McNabb Dawkins Superbowl, or something similar even before the collar popping? Granted you were likely a child, still...funny stuff. McNabb's act did get old quick...and can you imagine how insufferable he'd have been if he was the QB of a super bowl winning team? He'd be a nightmare. But he's a perfect example of someone coming up small way too often when it counted. Cunningham had a ton of talent, and I really think he could have gotten it done with better offensive talent and coaching. That tenure still feels more empty than it should have been. He was great to watch, but they could have done so much more if he didn't have to do so much. I liked Foles when he was the starter early on, and I knew they had a chance when he stepped in. The guy just gets shtein done-- but he also requires a coach willing to put him in a position to succeed (as opposed to Jeff Fisher, for example). I still think Wentz can be a really good QB-- but if he's going to put that together over the long haul, I hope he learned a little from Foles by watching on the Sidelines. There's a reason Foles is less mobile and takes a fraction of the sacks. Has to learn from that. They have to find a way to get something of value for Foles, right?

ice grillin you

nick foles is garbage can we all agree?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous