Divisional Round - BDN Gets Off Here.

Started by Rome, January 06, 2019, 10:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: Diomedes on January 14, 2019, 06:51:44 AM
It was a fitting end to the season.  The better team won.

A couple weeks ago I was preparing to face the legacy of following a Super Bowl victory by failing to even finish .500.  Instead, they managed 9-7, a wild card berth, and a playoff win. 

I'm okay with it.   

Now I just pray the Chiefs lose.

I actually hope big red wins it all.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

I'm a petty, bitter man.  I hope the Saints win it all.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Cthulhu on January 14, 2019, 07:17:36 AM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on January 14, 2019, 07:12:32 AM
In the past, there would have been swearing and the possibility of a broken remote.

Yesterday, there was basically a shrug and an "Oh, well."

Maturity?  Tired from getting older?  Super Bowl lessened angst?  Maybe a mix of all three to some degree.

erm.... no.

wrong, wrong, wrong. you suck.

I have 200 middle school students that would agree with you!  :D

QB Eagles

Quote from: smeags on January 14, 2019, 08:22:48 AM
I felt the same way until 2/4/18.

This is where I'm at. Seeing Reid win the Super Bowl before the Eagles did would have been horrifying. But now I hope he gets it. He's a Hall of Fame coach appearing in his sixth championship game. Just needs the ticket stamped with a trophy.

phattymatty

Nah Andy Reid is a terrible human being and father I hope he never gets a super bowl.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I want to see KC win it.

I don't want NE obviously. I'm about sick of hearing about McVay but I do want them to face the Chiefs in the SB. farg the Saints.

General_Failure

If it wasn't going to be another Foles miracle, I wanted to see Rivers beat Brees. I don't give a damn about Father of the Year Andy, and I don't want to see the young QBs get a ring before Went gets a real ring. So farg it, go Saints I guess.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

I do not care who wins.  Just not the goddamn Patriots again. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 14, 2019, 08:51:44 AM

I don't want NE obviously. I'm about sick of hearing about McVay but I do want them to face the Chiefs in the SB. farg the Saints.

im with matty....i dont want a guy who murdered his child to win

besides that tho i love greatness so id rather see new england win another...who would even care
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 14, 2019, 08:51:44 AM

This is where I'm at. It's amazing Reid's been in the league 20 years - is still looked upon as one of the top coaches - and only has one SB loss to show for it. He never takes shots at Philly. He preps as well as any coach in the league and I think KC will come out guns blazing...we'll see if that'll be enough to withstand BB's adjustments. Mcvay's overrated but I don't care if the Rams win. NE is whatever. farg Kamara, Payton and the Saints. Bunch of bitches. Payton's smugger than Bellichek but only has one SB in 12 years.

Geowhizzer

Don't care.  May not even watch the game this year...

[spoiler]Yeah, right.  Miss my excuse to pig out on barbecue?[/spoiler] :paranoid

NC_Eagle

Quote from: Rome on January 14, 2019, 09:06:52 AM
I do not care who wins.  Just not the goddamn Patriots again.

Pretty much the opinion of everyone at work today.
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

Father Demon

24 hours after the loss, I'm unsatisfied but still OK with how the season turned out. I guess it's a shame our secondary bench wasn't 11 deep and we had to rely on Hawkins.  Brees was only able to beat the Birds because he picked on the kid that never played an NFL snap before yesterday. Someone said it earlier - so many "one-play" differences that had they gone the other way we would all be talking about more Foles' magic.

Go Big Red - as fans, we owe so much to Reid whether you like the man or not. I want him to get a ring. All aboard the Chiefs Wagon.

Watching the way Jeffrey and his teammates reacted after the game shows team leadership and class. Pederson has turned this team in to a bunch of winners and fighters.

I'm terrified of next year, the salary cap, and the FAs that were such impactful players all season. I don't know how they replace them, but watching what happened with the team this year, maybe there's a lesson in finding castoffs and getting them to fit the personality of this team. LeBlanc and Hester show it can work - and if it doesn't the hit is minimal. Let's see how deep the Howie Magic goes.

Oh, and hello. I'm Demon.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyPhreak54