Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

In the past 24 hours Trump has managed to insult the memories of millions of the honored dead and blamed victims of wildfires for dying and losing their worldly possessions. 

At what point does all the winning start?

MDS

this is cool: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WxDaxD5az6kdOjJncmGph37z0BPNhV1fNAH_g7IkpC0/edit#gid=0

-in contested elections, the only bluer district than pa-3 (me) is ny-13, which is harlem, upper manhattan, west bronx, wash heights, etc.
-if youre thinking about 2022 and taking down the cancerous pat toomey like i am, look at connor lamb. r+3 district and he wins by 13 points. ex-marine. 34 year old. penn law. he just needs a solid 7 of a wife and hes golden.
-ma-4 had the lowest turnout % relative to 2016. repped by joe kennedy. farg the kennedy's.
-montana's at large district had the highest. this is one repped by giafonrte, the dude who body slammed the reporter last year. montana seems like a cool place.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Eliminating ranked choice voting is bad. That's how our entire election should be, IMO.

Also...

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1061773342112247808
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

1. maine voters pass a ranked choice voting rule
2. main voters reject a rule outlawing this
3. neither the d or the r in me-2 get to 50, which means the ID candidates votes will be reallocated based on....ranked choice
4. this favors the D
5. https://www.pressherald.com/2018/11/13/poliquin-campaign-sues-in-federal-court-to-stop-ranked-choice-count/comments/
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-fethullah-gulen-turkey-khashoggi-experts-stunned-2018-11?utm_source=reddit.com

tl:dr

Trump offers to trade legal U.S. resident to dictator in effort to get him to ease investigation of another dictator, who had a different legal U.S. resident murdered on the first dictator's turf.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

florida does it again

-there were around 21,000 senatorial votes missing from broward county, of which nelson would've won 70%
-this is about 14,000 votes
-he is going to lose by around 12,000 votes

so because of poor ballot design, 21,000 people simply didnt vote for senator....18 years after poor ballot design/construction caused old people to mistakenly vote for pat buchanan or not have their vote counted at all

in conclusion:

Geowhizzer

More specifically, Broward County does it again.  They screwed up the ballot in 2000 as well.

Also, the 14,000 votes wouldn't put Nelson over the top, assuming the remaining 7,000 went to Scott.

Admittedly, though, these ballots were idiotic.   Largely from having the full text for the 12 proposed amendments on the ballot.

From the looks of it, Broward had a bunch of local stuff on it as well.

Here's a sample ballot.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on November 16, 2018, 12:30:04 PM

Also, the 14,000 votes wouldn't put Nelson over the top, assuming the remaining 7,000 went to Scott.

if the lead goes down to below 5k then you go ballot by ballot to figure out intent and then something could happen

when its 12 its over

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

That's the least offensive thing he's said in months.

Munson