This Is Gonna Suck: 2016 Phillies Season Thread

Started by MDS, April 04, 2016, 04:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I forgot that showing emotion in sports isn't your thing.

Carry on with your stoic sports fandom.

ice grillin you

man choke is really really bad...doesn't seem like he even wants to be out there
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah he's really bad

Can't wait to see who gets the opportunity to blow the save.

I'd go with Hinojosa...he's got a power arm

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 04, 2016, 05:04:01 PM
man choke is really really bad...doesn't seem like he even wants to be out there

Oh God, it's going to be painful to watch.  this can't go on much longer.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

I can actually handle McCarthy.  He was actually OK doing the NCAA tournament.  Stairs is just a mumble mouth but I can deal with it.  Ben Davis is awful.  Brings nothing.  Get LA on TV now!

SD

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Holy shtein!  That was terrible.  This bullpen will be beyond bad.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on April 04, 2016, 06:18:44 PM
I can actually handle McCarthy.  He was actually OK doing the NCAA tournament.  Stairs is just a mumble mouth but I can deal with it.  Ben Davis is awful.  Brings nothing.  Get LA on TV now!

Yeah, I agree that McCarthy is an average to decent play-by-play guy.  But after being spoiled by Harry K and Whitey for most of my life, it's just a huge drop-off.

And Davis and Stairs actually make me pine for Chris Wheeler.  And that's not a good thing.

PhillyPhreak54

Game one

Bullpen failure

Phils moneyline bet gone

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

Good farging God.  Unreal how bad this is going to be.

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 04, 2016, 06:44:30 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on April 04, 2016, 06:18:44 PM

Yeah, I agree that McCarthy is an average to decent play-by-play guy.  But after being spoiled by Harry K and Whitey for most of my life, it's just a huge drop-off.

And Davis and Stairs actually make me pine for Chris Wheeler.  And that's not a good thing.

Didn't want to go there but I wa going to say the same thing, I'm actually missing Wheels and Sarge.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 04, 2016, 06:45:16 PM
Game one

Bullpen failure

Phils moneyline bet gone

You bet on the Phils?  Sorry, Jay, but that was just dumb.