Flyers Season thread

Started by Wingspan, October 13, 2004, 07:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

game tonight vs Tampa

I predict 3-2

any thoughts?

:paranoid

(someone quick, play NHL 2005...tell us how you did)
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MDS

Funny thing is, no one cares.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

NGM

As soon as the Eagles are done playing its gonna hit a lot of Flyers fans real hard.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

General_Failure

Maybe it'll help out the Soul a little more.

The man. The myth. The legend.

NGM

That wouldn't be a bad thing.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

MURP

over 105,000 votes on espn.com about when would you miss the NHL season.  20% said when the playoffs come around.  61% said never.   that says it all.

henchmanUK

See, I like hockey and if there's no NHL I'm gonna have to watch the British stuff. And my local team is called the taterskinS! :puke
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

General_Failure

Why would a British team be called the taterskins? Are they named after the potato?

The man. The myth. The legend.

henchmanUK

God only knows. There is also a British (gridiron) football team called the Bristol Aztecs.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

phillymic2000

It's already starting to hit me! This really sucks. We have the Chicago Wolves, and I will be going to a couple of games this year to feed the need!

MDS

I dont know what you guys are talking about, the Flyers beat the Lightning last night. 2-1. Goal by Mike Kanuble to win it, Esche played well. Amonte added a goal, too.

Game Info
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

since75

Quote from: henchmanUK on October 14, 2004, 10:01:54 AM
See, I like hockey and if there's no NHL I'm gonna have to watch the British stuff. And my local team is called the taterskinS! :puke

Do what I did, Henchman. I moved South where nobody knew anything about Hockey. I was a kid...just ten years old. So...I got into...what the kids around me were into during the winter...ACC Basketball!!

It fills the void quite well. GO TARHEELS!!
Trust, but Verify-RWR

since75

Just out of curiosity...why would people in England...name their team the taterskins?
Trust, but Verify-RWR

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

henchmanUK

Quote from: since75 on October 18, 2004, 06:47:44 PM

Just out of curiosity...why would people in England...name their team the taterskins?

I answered this already. ;)
Funny you should mention college hoops. UConn are coming to London to play a couple of exhibiton games, apparently, although there is no mention of this on the UConn website.  :paranoid