2018 College Football

Started by Geowhizzer, August 01, 2018, 09:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

It's a scummy move to be sure, but really, can you blame him?   Look at it this way... on one hand you get to coach your hometown team.  The team itself is or was a top-5 program in the sport.  You are a tremendous recruiter in literally the best area for talent in the country.  Or you coach Temple.

Again, if he hadn't accepted the job already and was given these two choices, it's not even close.

Still... overwhelmingly scummy.  Plus coaches are allowed freedom of movement but the field hands aren't.  It's disgusting.

QB Eagles

Quote from: BDN on December 31, 2018, 12:41:51 AM
What a fleshpop move, hope that comes back to haunt him somehow. Kharma and shtein.

The universe punished Bill Belichick for this type of move by making him the greatest NFL coach of all time.

MDS

temple should hire fran brown

he was an assistant under rhule...went with him to baylor...came back to be diaz's DC...camden boy....no brainer
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on December 31, 2018, 07:34:35 AM
It's a scummy move to be sure, but really, can you blame him?   Look at it this way... on one hand you get to coach your hometown team.  The team itself is or was a top-5 program in the sport.  You are a tremendous recruiter in literally the best area for talent in the country.  Or you coach Temple.

Again, if he hadn't accepted the job already and was given these two choices, it's not even close.

Still... overwhelmingly scummy.  Plus coaches are allowed freedom of movement but the field hands aren't.  It's disgusting.

yeah its a great move for him.....its not even scummy...the problem is players arent allowed to do the same thing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

It's scummy because he gave his word to a lot of kids who signed letters of intent and now they're screwed.  I don't have a problem with Joe Blow taking a job at Apple after agreeing to work at Microsoft, but Joe isn't affecting dozens of others lives by flaking out. 

MDS

those kids were first recruited by matt rhule, saved by geoff collins, verballed to collins and saved/signed by diaz.

if they didnt know at 15 they are pawns in a game they cant win, they do now
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

At least they'll have degrees from Temple when they're done and you can't put a price on those. 

MDS

hope you keep making those same racist jokes in 2019 just like you did in 2018....and 2017 and 1975

Rome

MDS

i know right...you know what school has a worthless degree? the one in north philly that all those dumb stillupfronts go to

every year that goes by i have less and less patience for ignorant old white men. starting off 2019 strong.

Rome

Oh you were serious?  You're actually calling me a racist because I teased you about being a Temple graduate?  That's hilarious.

I wish you a happy new year and hope you some day grow up and get your head out of your own ass.

PS: Several family members of mine graduated from Temple.  I'm proud of every last one of them.

MDS

i could give two shteins about me...im a worthless underachiever who couldve easily gone to west chester or penn st or something

calling temple a zesty school is an old racist trope. the dumb school for dumb coloreds in the dumb part of the city. its not even an accurate racist trope anymore. the average temple student is a meandering average white person from the suburbs. just think 'would a trump supporter say this' before you say anything. then dont do it if the answers is yes.

Rome

I blocked you.  That's my new year's gift to myself.  I suggest you follow suit. 

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 01, 2019, 11:42:36 AM
i could give two shteins about me...im a worthless underachiever who couldve easily gone to west chester or penn st or something

calling temple a zesty school is an old racist trope. the dumb school for dumb coloreds in the dumb part of the city. its not even an accurate racist trope anymore. the average temple student is a meandering average white person from the suburbs. just think 'would a trump supporter say this' before you say anything. then dont do it if the answers is yes.

Stupid shtein like this is why Trumps in office

Eagaholic

Quote from: Rome on January 01, 2019, 12:00:12 PM
I blocked you.  That's my new year's gift to myself.  I suggest you follow suit. 
Sorry your new year's isn't starting out as well as planned but as you can see by the next post after yours, even when blocked you still have to put up with seeing quoted posts.