Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 27, 2014, 10:13:03 AM
not even pregnant women are safe from the second amendment

http://www.wfla.com/story/26122379/pregnant-woman-injured-in-accidental-shooting

Here's the irony with the gun debate:

Your liberal types, who are typically in favor of unobstructed freedoms when it comes to speech, press, assembly, civil rights, etc, are taking the exact opposite stance on guns. Tight regulations, harsh punishments for gun violations, or in more extreme cases, an outright ban.

Meanwhile,  your classic conservative is usually guilty of wanting to put limitations on various freedoms.... like complaining about flag burners not being tarred and feathered, or being unwelcoming to immigrants, hating women and gays, etc, etc.  But in the case of guns, they want complete absolute, unrestricted freedom without accountability.

With this story, nearly every "gun nut" in the country will say that no charges should be filed and that it was simply an unfortunate accident.  No need for personal accountability or responsibility with the idiot showing and mishandling a loaded weapon. But let some kid get busted with a joint and we should lock him up for breaking the (stupid) law.   

I think it's kind of funny, myself. Libs acting like conservatives and vice versa, and neither of them really have a clue that they're doing it.

Diomedes

I think I'm moving to the "ban guns" camp.

If you want to carry a blunderbuss, or whatever was current when the almighty founding fathers wrote the Constitution, fine.  Everything else should be banned.  Even in the wild wild west they figured out that you couldn't have humans carrying guns around, so you had to hand 'em over to get into town.

What we're doing here is madness.

The Constitution needs a re-write.  It's no longer relevant.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 02, 2014, 10:56:49 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 27, 2014, 10:13:03 AM
not even pregnant women are safe from the second amendment

http://www.wfla.com/story/26122379/pregnant-woman-injured-in-accidental-shooting

Here's the irony with the gun debate:

Your liberal types, who are typically in favor of unobstructed freedoms when it comes to speech, press, assembly, civil rights, etc, are taking the exact opposite stance on guns. Tight regulations, harsh punishments for gun violations, or in more extreme cases, an outright ban.

Meanwhile,  your classic conservative is usually guilty of wanting to put limitations on various freedoms.... like complaining about flag burners not being tarred and feathered, or being unwelcoming to immigrants, hating women and gays, etc, etc.  But in the case of guns, they want complete absolute, unrestricted freedom without accountability.

With this story, nearly every "gun nut" in the country will say that no charges should be filed and that it was simply an unfortunate accident.  No need for personal accountability or responsibility with the idiot showing and mishandling a loaded weapon. But let some kid get busted with a joint and we should lock him up for breaking the (stupid) law.   

I think it's kind of funny, myself. Libs acting like conservatives and vice versa, and neither of them really have a clue that they're doing it.

lol at lumping in guns and speech as even remotely equivalent freedoms

dio said it....guns shouldnt be a right....the constitution has been rewritten many times and its time to rewrite guns out of it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Nothing will change until the gun lobby is muted. And that won't stop because it means less money in the hands of paid off politicians.

A sickening cycle of shtein.

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 02, 2014, 11:20:11 AM
lol at lumping in guns and speech as even remotely equivalent freedoms

I'm not surprised this was the take away here.  Instead of thinking about liberal and conservative in their modern, political context, think of them in their literal, definitive context. 

The point wasn't to compare guns to speech (though I would say that every freedom carries equal weight and there isn't 1 that is more or less important than the rest), but rather to point out in the case of the 2nd amendment, both sides are doing the exact opposite of what they normally do. 

Quotedio said it....guns shouldnt be a right....the constitution has been rewritten many times and its time to rewrite guns out of it

Couldn't disagree any more.  I'm fine with the right to bear arms.  I'm also fine if states ever decide to follow the 2nd amendment in it's entirety:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

1.  A well regulated Militia - Regulate the shtein out of it for all I care.  Require mental health screenings, require intense safety courses, require knowledge of the law and when it's acceptable and not acceptable to fire your weapon, require follow up training and testing, and require gun owners to have acceptable storage safes and/or gun locks. 

2.  being necessary to the security of a free State - Want to own a gun?  That's cool, but you better enlist with a state approved militia, law enforcement agency or Nat'l Guard unit. 

3.  the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed - Meet all the conditions of 1 and 2 and you can own a bazooka for all I care.  I'm fine with gun owners who are well trained and responsible.  But once you fall out of regs, perhaps by being stupid and leaving your gun under your pillow and your kid blows his head of, then you're out of the gun club for good and spending a long, long time jail.

The right is giving a very liberal interpretation of the 2nd, while the left says guns are bad and therefore must go away.  It gets funnier the more I think about it.   

ice grillin you

im not sure i could disagree more on any issue ever

GUNZ!!

Sgt PSN

You hate guns, but how boring would The Wire be if Omar carried a slingshot?   

ice grillin you

did he even need a gun after the farmer in the dell

ayoooooooo

Sgt PSN

Touche, but offing Wallace would have been far less dramatic if Bodie was packing blow darts. 

ice grillin you

I love the Wallace killing because it shows how much of a human bodie will end up being in s4....in s1 he wants to be so hard to move up and impress string....but poot who legit likes Wallace is the one who ultimately makes bodie sqeeze that shtein

PhillyPhreak54

Man dead after bizarre sequence of events leads to shooting in W. Houston

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crime/2014/08/03/man-dead-after-bizarre-sequence-of-events-leads-to-shooting-in-w-houston/13542577/

(Sent from KHOU 11)

Find the WTF part in this....I'll wait for your answers

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

the husband "kept going".....presumably towards his wife in the car yet the neighbor feared for his life?