Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I'll go along with what you posted there, Dio.  It's a ridiculous tragedy and so are all the other pointless murders that take place because animals can't control themselves.

I think intent goes a long way towards deciding penalties, though.  If it's an act of carelessness and no one gets hurt, then obviously the penalties should be far less severe.  If you farg up and hurt someone through your carelessness, then yeah, lower the boom, and if you smoke some poor innocent civilian in the middle of your turf war, then fire up old smokey and barbecue that ass for all I care.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 31, 2011, 05:32:12 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 31, 2011, 04:23:02 PM
there are ten trillion guns in the country now and like two of them are ever used to prevent a crime

if someone wants you got you are gonna get got...period

ive been robbed at gunpoint twice in the last ten years and neither time would a gun have done anything for me cept probably get a bunch of people killed including me

if someone simply wants to rob you you give them the money and they are gone end of story...no one hurt...however you have a gun and reach for it you get shot

if someone wants to kill you and they creep up you are a dead man...guns do nothing but get more people killed

now if you are in your house thats a different story because maybe you will hear them breaking in or whatever...plus its like your house

people should not be going to the library or the grocery store or the mall with a gun...thats just ridiculous...and if you are going someplace you feel a gun is necessary then you probably shouldnt be going there to begin with

could be be any more of an ignorant, sheltered, white-bread, suburban silver spoon liberal?

jesus christ.  just stop talking about things you literally have no farging idea what you're talking about, alright? 

you live in florida and are an old bitter white man who is one chromosome away from being in the tea party...you dont count

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: Rome on May 31, 2011, 07:21:18 PM
I'll go along with what you posted there, Dio.  It's a ridiculous tragedy and so are all the other pointless murders that take place because animals can't control themselves.

I think intent goes a long way towards deciding penalties, though.  If it's an act of carelessness and no one gets hurt, then obviously the penalties should be far less severe.  If you farg up and hurt someone through your carelessness, then yeah, lower the boom, and if you smoke some poor innocent civilian in the middle of your turf war, then fire up old smokey and barbecue that ass for all I care.

I wonder if people think I'm saying you should go to jail for forty years if you're a day late renewing your carry license?  Do the earplugs come out as soon as anyone is talking about guns?

Obviously, you need some discretion.  That's what judges and juries and courts are for. 

I'm not talking anything about putting lawful people in jail because they happen to have guns, I'm not advocating they have their guns taken away, and I am not telling them they have to burn the American flag and rape their mothers.

Gun crime is taken far far too lightly in our criminal justice system.  Pointing one at someone should send you away for 20 minimum.

Don't disagree with me because you hate liberals or because you think I'm saying you should go to jail for having a gun...sentences (and actual time served) are so laughably low you have to wonder if at the end of the day, the american people just don't mind all the gun murders.

Especially as long as they are mostly black on black.

Yay America.

(yes, I'm drinking.)
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

every time theres violence shown in the media....its always a black thing so where are they leading ya?...to a world full of ignorance hatred, and prejudice...tv and the news for years they have fed you this...foolish notion that blacks are all criminals...violent low lifes and then even animals...

theyve done it for a while and developed the skill...to make you want to kill your own brother man....black against black you see its part of their plan...they want to send us to war and they want to ban rap...what they really want to do is get rid of us blacks...genocide is for real and i hope that youre hearing me...you must be aware to combat the CONSPIRACY!

PhillyPhanInDC

Dio, I'm all for that. I am also for stronger sentences for any other stupid use of a deadly weapon, including cars.

there are ten trillion guns in the country now and like two of them are ever used to prevent a crime

Hyperbole, which is shocking coming from you. Not based on any facts whatsoever. As I have pointed out, I have stopped two crimes - one in progress, the other most definitely about to occur (as judged by both the police and the court), with my firearm. I have also been robbed, while carrying, and let the guy run off after he had taken my wallet and phone. Never thought about pulling the gun.

Likely due to of your obvious lack of understanding on the matter, you seem to think that because I carry a gun, I whip it out Western style if I even so much as think something is going to go down.

Quote from: rjs246 on May 31, 2011, 05:47:18 PM
Pretty sure the Internet would grind to a halt if everyone followed that piece of sound advice. The grownups can talk about this in no hippos board. Why even bother responding here?

Good point. I took the IGY bait. I've said my piece.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

Seabiscuit36

Pretty sure the Internet would grind to a halt if everyone followed that piece of sound advice. The grownups can talk about this in no hippos board. Why even bother responding here?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 31, 2011, 10:44:18 PM
Pretty sure the Internet would grind to a halt if everyone followed that piece of sound advice. The grownups can talk about this in the middle american board where salty old white people can have their neanderthalic opinons validated by each other. Why even bother responding here?

Munson

Does IGY not realize that the same people that prompted FF to name it the "leftist circle jerk" thread are the ones posting in No Hippos?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

I'm old and salty?  Gotta ask the wifey on that one. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

old and salty thinking...when you live in northeast md stockpile weapons and baked beans in your basement for the impending end of the world or some govt takeover you are old.....and salty

Tomahawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 31, 2011, 07:59:26 PM
Quote from: Rome on May 31, 2011, 05:32:12 PM

if someone wants you got you are gonna get got...period

ive been robbed at gunpoint twice in the last ten years and neither time would a gun have done anything for me cept probably get a bunch of people killed including me

if someone simply wants to rob you you give them the money and they are gone end of story...no one hurt...however you have a gun and reach for it you get shot

if someone wants to kill you and they creep up you are a dead man...guns do nothing but get more people killed

now if you are in your house thats a different story because maybe you will hear them breaking in or whatever...plus its like your house

people should not be going to the library or the grocery store or the mall with a gun...thats just ridiculous...and if you are going someplace you feel a gun is necessary then you probably shouldnt be going there to begin with

could be be any more of an ignorant, sheltered, white-bread, suburban silver spoon liberal?

jesus christ.  just stop talking about things you literally have no farging idea what you're talking about, alright? 

you live in florida and are an old bitter white man who is one chromosome away from being in the tea party...you dont count

ILL is a blue state; I'm not MA!

ice grillin you

lol its funny you say that because i always question that call as well....shtein phillymic is from illinois so its gotta be red right?...but i think they figure any state with chicago in it has to be blue

btw what is the gov/congress breakdown for illinois over the past lets say 25 years

ice grillin you

illinois

in the last 45 years - 5 dems and 4 pubs in the gov mansion
dems have held the mansion for the last 8

illinois senators since 1970
5 dems and 3 pubs

seems purple to me

but again chicago is the deciding factor they were using