Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

its crazy to see on paper just what kind of other level baltimore is on....

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

literally double the rate of Memphis, #3 on the list.   

In Baltimore, you can kill a federal state's witness and probably not get caught.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

33 murders in Baltimore this month (13 this week).....more than San Francisco has this year...SF has 250,000 more people

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Here's a gun control idea: 

Given that:  States are increasingly, and wisely, enacting laws that will allow the State to take someone's guns away if they are a threat to themselves or others.  Maryland passed one of these recently and others are doing so as well.

And also given that:  Any number of mass shootings have been perpetrated by folks who, after the fact, are revealed to have been off their fargin' rockers beforehand, and that people knew about it...

Time for Americans to start ratting out the crazies, en masse.  Flood police departments with calls about so-and-so, who has been arrested before for flipping out and beating someone up, and ask that they police take his guns.  Do this for your brother, your sister, you step father, etc.  Now that we can do this, we should be pushing people to call if they have even the slightest idea that an unhinged person is armed.  The former-Marine in Thousand Oaks couldn't have shot people up if his mother, who knew he was in bad shape, had called the cops.  Dude could have gotten some help, no one killed, etc.  Even if the troubled gun owner gets to keep his guns, the calls and requests for help will be recorded and over time as those called are ignored, we'll be able to hold them up as good evidence that more guns should be confiscated.  Or, even better, the calls will be heeded, guns taken away, people's lives saved.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

cops had multiple run ins with the marine dood....including domestic disturbances with his mother

they did nothing

Diomedes

Exactly.  I'm not crystal on these new "red flag" laws, but my current understanding is that the cops can't initiate a red flag removal of guns, only family members, significant others, etc. can do that.  The mother didn't ask for his guns to be taken away, so nothing was done.

How about we start asking, like..a lot?  How about Bloomberg spends some of his money on a PSA campaign that educates people about how these laws work, and encourage people to "if you see something, say something." 

PhillyPhreak54

Good idea.

Something has to be done.

I wonder what the reaction is if some big wig af the NRA or a big recipient of their money has a family member killed in one of these shootings.

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on November 10, 2018, 10:43:55 AM
Here's a gun control idea: 

Given that:  States are increasingly, and wisely, enacting laws that will allow the State to take someone's guns away if they are a threat to themselves or others.  Maryland passed one of these recently and others are doing so as well.

And also given that:  Any number of mass shootings have been perpetrated by folks who, after the fact, are revealed to have been off their fargin' rockers beforehand, and that people knew about it...

Time for Americans to start ratting out the crazies, en masse.  Flood police departments with calls about so-and-so, who has been arrested before for flipping out and beating someone up, and ask that they police take his guns.  Do this for your brother, your sister, you step father, etc.  Now that we can do this, we should be pushing people to call if they have even the slightest idea that an unhinged person is armed.  The former-Marine in Thousand Oaks couldn't have shot people up if his mother, who knew he was in bad shape, had called the cops.  Dude could have gotten some help, no one killed, etc.  Even if the troubled gun owner gets to keep his guns, the calls and requests for help will be recorded and over time as those called are ignored, we'll be able to hold them up as good evidence that more guns should be confiscated.  Or, even better, the calls will be heeded, guns taken away, people's lives saved.

or maybe universal background checks and gun licenses/tests for anybody who wants to own one, like you would with a car. yearly inspections. we have rules in place to prevent dangerous drivers/vehicles from being on the road. maybe just maybe do the same thing with a gun, i dont know
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

It's not "or."  All those things too.  And more.  But I think people aren't appreciating how big these new laws could be.  People ought to be encouraged to use them, to report people, often. 

Rome

I love you guys but you are out your asses when it comes to guns.  As long as "they" have them, I'm not giving mine up.   I'm liberal as farg but there is no way they're taking my shtein from me.

Sorry. 

Diomedes

Behave like a grown up and you'll be fine.

Stalk one of your daughter's girlfriends...we're comin' for your guns.