Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Sgt PSN

Diomedes

These iceholes can't find money for pencils and crayons and now they've got money for armed guards, training, and bonuses?

The uniformed, armed Sherrif's deputy in Florida cowered outside the building throughout the shooting.  You want teachers to have guns?

How's a teacher going to confront someone with a semi automatic assault rifle?

I'm hard pressed to find a sane position on the right in all this.  If anyone can find some gun rights people who aren't little LePierres, post 'em here.

Ban assault rifles.  Raise buying age.  Strengthen background checks, and require them everywhere.  Impose waiting period between application and handing over weapon.  Require safety classes, passing a test.  Jail people who don't secure their firearms from children and theives.  Ban bump stocks.  Ban private sales entirely.  Sell only to licensed dealer, all other sales are criminal and carry prison time.

Law abiding citizens who want to excersize their right to own a gun should have no problem with reasonable restrictions and regulations like these.  If you balk at having to pass a test, or being rewuired to keep the gun locked up, or at being allowed to purchase and sell only thorugh licensed dealers..then you're not a sane person who should be allowe to have weapons of war.

Really, they should all just be banned though, maybe some hunting clubs or something where the weapons are very tightly controlleed.....
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on February 23, 2018, 07:02:47 AM

Ban assault rifles.  Raise buying age.  Strengthen background checks, and require them everywhere.  Impose waiting period between application and handing over weapon.  Require safety classes, passing a test.  Jail people who don't secure their firearms from children and theives.  Ban bump stocks.  Ban private sales entirely.  Sell only to licensed dealer, all other sales are criminal and carry prison time.

Law abiding citizens who want to excersize their right to own a gun should have no problem with reasonable restrictions and regulations like these.  If you balk at having to pass a test, or being rewuired to keep the gun locked up, or at being allowed to purchase and sell only thorugh licensed dealers..then you're not a sane person who should be allowe to have weapons of war.

This is the common sense stuff that needs to be imposed. Idiots keep saying "when has an NRA member went on a shooting spree why are they to blame"....they get the blame because they won't give on any issue. The mere mention of anything restricting gun rights turns into them claiming their second amendment rights are being infringed upon and background checks are an invasion of privacy. You want to own a firearm? Great, you can go through a similar process as you do when you're given a drivers license. That's "common sense". The military actually exercises common sense weapon handling, in order for me to use a firearm it's not just issued to me and I just figure it out. I'm taught the proper use, safety, taken to a range, and have to pass a qualification. I'm pro-second amendment for the simple fact there are too many guns in circulation so I have no other choice to protect myself and my daughter than to have a firearm in my home in case some loon wants to break in. But if the Government said I had to have insurance, certify my weapon, take a course, have a thorough back ground check done etc....no problem.

Diomedes

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/hopkins-study-finds-few-gun-owners-use-safe-storage/18665730

QuoteIn Maryland, it's a misdemeanor to negligently store or leave a loaded firearm where a child under 16 has access to it.

Change that to a felony and give judges the ability to put people in jail for real time.  Your kid gets the glock and accidentally shoots his brother dead?  Sorry, the tragedy actually isn't enough punishment...go to jail.  Leave your gun in your glove box and it gets stolen...sorry, I know the thief shouldn't have stolen it, but go to jail for five years.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Diomedes

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on February 22, 2018, 09:10:52 PM
Only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun....

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/22/us/nikolas-cruz-florida-shooting.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

even ahead of school kids the first group of people in the country that would vote for the elimination of ar-15's are police
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I understand your feelings, dude.  And frankly I agree with many of them.  But the "solutions" you're proposing smack of Nazi Germany in the 30s.  Besides, they'd never fly in this country anyway. 

Diomedes

these idea do not smack of Nazi Germany, at all.  what the farg's wrong with you?  there's nothing remotely fascistic about requiring personal responsibility in a democratic republic.  You think it's like the Nazis to regulate track and limit who can buy TNT? 

I'm tired of hearing change will never happen....that's some defeatist shtein.  If change doesn't happen, this is just going to keep getting worse.  Right now some kid is bout to walk into another school.  Maybe your daughters, maybe my kids. 

ice grillin you

your scenario is a clear cut case of manslaughter....lol at nazi germany

Rome

But Dio wants to make gun laws draconian.  That's fine.  He's cute that way. 

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on February 23, 2018, 07:59:59 AM
http://www.wbaltv.com/article/hopkins-study-finds-few-gun-owners-use-safe-storage/18665730

QuoteIn Maryland, it's a misdemeanor to negligently store or leave a loaded firearm where a child under 16 has access to it.

Change that to a felony and give judges the ability to put people in jail for real time.  Your kid gets the glock and accidentally shoots his brother dead?  Sorry, the tragedy actually isn't enough punishment...go to jail.  Leave your gun in your glove box and it gets stolen...sorry, I know the thief shouldn't have stolen it, but go to jail for five years.

this

you want a gun? great. your gun gets used in a crime? your fault whether you did it or not. unless you can prove it was locked and stored and stolen in a manner where you did everything right, its on YOU.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

ice grillin you