Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Sounds like Houston police have foiled a mass shooting

They busted some dude with an arsenal in his downtown hotel room where a NYE party was going to be tonight

SD

He didn't commit a crime other than public intoxication. He was booked for tresspassing and unlawful possession. Unless he showed intent or made threats there's nothing illegal in Texas stating you can't possess a cache of firearms in a hotel room. If the firearms were registered with the NFA it's within his legal rights to have an AR 15 and shotgun in a hotel room. Unless I don't understand Texas gun laws I don't see the gun charges holding up.

QB Eagles

Weird. Usually when cops here about someone with a gun in a hotel room, they make him crawl around in the hallway and execute him.

Tomahawk

Quote from: AO1 on December 31, 2017, 01:00:20 PM
He didn't commit a crime other than public intoxication. He was booked for tresspassing and unlawful possession. Unless he showed intent or made threats there's nothing illegal in Texas stating you can't possess a cache of firearms in a hotel room. If the firearms were registered with the NFA it's within his legal rights to have an AR 15 and shotgun in a hotel room. Unless I don't understand Texas gun laws I don't see the gun charges holding up.

That's an interesting point. Not to this story specifically, but how do they know he was going to shoot up a crowd? Even they can prove intent, what's the crime? Attempted murder?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 31, 2017, 01:42:03 PM
Weird. Usually when cops here about someone with a gun in a hotel room, they make him crawl around in the hallway and execute him.

True

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: AO1 on December 31, 2017, 01:00:20 PM

He may get a medal from Governor Hot Wheels then

SD

Diomedes

So I know a woman pretty well, she used to be a neighbor before we moved, and still is in a way because we kept that first house and rent it out.  Lovely person.  Her family is one of those that has a lot of trouble in it.  Men in jail, women with babies by several men. etc.  One daughter OD death recently.  A lot of sorrow and dysfunction.  She's the rock of the family as it were, the one who pays her mortgage, works, avoids the shtein.

Couple days ago, her grandson, child of the dead addict, is beefing with his baby momma and one of her male friends/boyfriends, whatever.   Shoots the man dead in his baby momma's home.

My question:  what's the appropriate way for me to offer condolences to my friend, whose grandson is now a murderer on his way to jail for a long long time? 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

1. It could be worse
2. Where you Hitler in your past life?
3. Flowers?

All joking aside, I don't think condolences are appropriate. A person like her, has her head screwed on tight on her shoulders and understands the situation. Maybe saying "sorry to hear about the news" or "Its tragic knowing that two souls will be lost" or just simply offer her your support letting her know that you're there (as empty as it may sound)...but people have an idea of who/what their family are and the pitfalls they're susceptible to. It's just one of those, where you look at her, wrinkle your mouth a little and shake your head as you give her a hug. Just acknowledging that the situation is farged up and there's nothing she could have done. 
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Tomahawk

Quote from: Diomedes on February 10, 2018, 10:59:46 AM
So I know a woman pretty well, she used to be a neighbor before we moved, and still is in a way because we kept that first house and rent it out.  Lovely person.  Her family is one of those that has a lot of trouble in it.  Men in jail, women with babies by several men. etc.  One daughter OD death recently.  A lot of sorrow and dysfunction.  She's the rock of the family as it were, the one who pays her mortgage, works, avoids the shtein.

Couple days ago, her grandson, child of the dead addict, is beefing with his baby momma and one of her male friends/boyfriends, whatever.   Shoots the man dead in his baby momma's home.

My question:  what's the appropriate way for me to offer condolences to my friend, whose grandson is now a murderer on his way to jail for a long long time?

Brownies would be appropriate if her grandson was the one who was killed. In this case, I think a casserole is what Betty calls for

Diomedes

This is the advice I'm looking for.  Specifics.

The way I was raised, you send these people fruitcake all.

hbionic

It would be funny if she looked at you awkward for bringing the wrong thing.

"We're celebrating a murder, not a death, stupid!"
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

I go in all down in the mouth, wishing her my support.

She's like..."that guy needed to die, it's all good babe!"

Sgt PSN