Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

if nobody has a gun then cops wont need guns...my hope would be the general cop walking down the street wouldnt have one but youd still have trained swat teams that could be called in to handle some kind of crazy situation

of course this will never happen. its always going to be super easy to get a gun and every week people will die from gun violence. on and on it will go. forever and ever. hopefully you and yours dont get one.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

For any of this to happen, the second amendment would have to be repealed.  Or at the very least the interpretation of the amendment would have to change greatly.

Wouldn't it be funny if that happened during the reign of Der Trumper?

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

in the old days she would have just swung her purse at him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170922/peaceful-protest-as-family-of-police-shooting-victim-ask-why

If you don't want to get shot, when the police come to arrest you after robbing a bank, you probably shouldn't go out the front door with a gun.

Tomahawk

I googled "best gun for home defense"

QuoteWhereas the safety on the 870 is located on the rear of the trigger guard, the Mossberg's naturally ambidextrous safety is located on the rear of the trigger guard.

Sgt PSN

Tomahawk

Yessir

Apparently I need an AR-15 or some msr because what if an entire gang breaks in?!

It's weird how all the articles talk about stopping power instead of calling it killing power. farging psychos.

Pretty sure I'm going to get a shotty and load it with beanbags or rubber shot or whatever non-lethal ammo there is. I don't want to kill a motherfarger; I just want him to gtfo

Diomedes

Quote from: Tomahawk on October 31, 2017, 01:57:34 AM
It's weird how all the articles talk about stopping power instead of calling it killing power.

Perhaps you know this already but I'll bite:

They say that for two reasons.  First, and most obviously, "killing" is not a great word to put in your promotional material.  Even if you're selling a home defense gun.

Second, gun folks distinguish between stopping and killing.  The former is the goal, the latter is often the consequence, or means, by which the former is accomplished.  That is, defensive shooters aren't trying to kill per se.  If it takes death to stop the target, fine, because dead people stop.  But kinda like you said in your last sentence, the desire isn't to kill.

Cops and the like are trained to shoot for center mass and to stop.  They are not trained to kill.  You shoot to the center mass because it's the easiest to hit, and theres a lot of vital shtein in there, damage to much of which will stop you.  You shoot with real bullets instead of jelly beans because the point is to stop the threat, not slow it down. 

That's the party line anyway. Do you buy the distinction as valid, or is that just semantics to you?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

It's semantics. Their desire is to kill, not just stop, an intruder.

But my viewpoint is the person is trying to get my stuff as opposed to trying to get me.

Tomahawk

One article was talking about how you'd be outgunned if you had a small 10 round clip against several intruders with knives.

Stupid liberal media had me believing I'd always win against the suckers who brought knives to a gun fight

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Tomahawk on October 31, 2017, 10:54:33 AM
One article was talking about how you'd be outgunned if you had a small 10 round clip against several intruders with knives.

For the average Joe, that's probably true actually. It's one thing to shoot and hit a single intruder coming at you, but entirely different if you've got multiple targets coming from multiple angles.  Someone lacking experience and training would likely empty their mag on the first 2 targets.

Of course, I haven't seen a knife wielding gang since Michael Jackson's Beat It video. 

Tomahawk

How many dumbfargs are going to stick around after they get shot at? How many home invasions have more than two people coming in? How many home invaders are armed at all, with knives or guns?

Without knowing the answers to any of those questions, I'm comfortable stating people are living in a fear-based reality and compensate for being a Hoyda by getting guns