Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Yeah, that's a tough one. If the initial report is true and that's how it went down, then I'd have to side with the cops as well.  Sadly, and we can thank 400+ years of inequality for this, people are still going to ask "what if the guy was white?" and they're not wrong for that either.

Diomedes

In this case, the answer is, you have a dead white guy. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i agree with the skin color part...cops are much more apt to go HAM on a brother

but training and procedure needs to be changed big time...if you have an individual who is solo and cant hurt anyone else then maybe back the farg up barricade yourselves behind your cars and have a conversation to see where it plays out...you dont always need to run up on someone with biscuits out ready to blaze

i dont know how that would have worked in this particular case as i dont know the details outside of hearing a couples seconds about it on radio this morning but it definitely could have been done in the case of the carolina shooting and many many others
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on September 28, 2016, 01:49:11 PM
In this case, the answer is, you have a dead white guy. 

In most cases I'd agree.  If dude was white, he'd get shot like 99x out of 100. But the black dude would get shot 100/100.

That said, I still think (based on current info available) that the cops were justified in using deadly force. Like I said, the sad part is that race will still be brought into it because these are situations that black men don't walk away from and have never walked away from.

Diomedes

It is true, of course, that black men get shot more readily.  Not arguing otherwise.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

I was led to believe that BLM and black folks only shot cops.

Rome

Maybe the cops were black?  I'll bet you never even considered that, did you, Tex?

ice grillin you

he said he went to the high school football game to rage about all the BLM national anthem protests and brought a confederate flag?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 02, 2016, 01:00:00 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/iowa-shooting-suspect-scott-michael-greene-article-1.2855161?utm_content=buffer798d0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

White dude offed two cops in Iowa apparently over a confederate flag argument.

Being from Iowa and all I can see why he wants to honor his southern heritage

Quote"Thousands more whites fought and died for their freedom. However this is not about the Armed forces, they are cop haters,"

Lol. Let's say we add in the number of confederate soldiers that died to preserve slavery.  Also, since American freedom most certainly has not been attacked since the CRM, I think it's safe to say that no white American soldiers were fighting in any war prior to the CRM so that black people could be free.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54