TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Do I need to watch the show first?

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 02, 2019, 05:15:59 PM
Do I need to watch the show first?

I haven't seen it but I cant imagine the answer isn't yes....in fact if the answer is no then I would have to say the movie probably sucks and it sounds like it doesn't

also how the farg have you not seen the show...its right there in the mix for 2nd best tv show ever
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Oversight on my part. I'm gonna watch it

QB Eagles

They set it up in such a way that someone could feasibly watch it as its own thing. But the power would be diminished. Don't do that.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 02, 2019, 05:47:19 PM

in terms of writing its the only show ever than can sniff the wire...the scripts are just outrageously good...you could just listen to it and it would probably be a top ten show

and I say this as someone that is not even close to a fan of westerns/wild west/gold rush era shtein

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 02, 2019, 05:47:19 PM

Watched a few episodes...couldn't get into it.

ice grillin you

watched the first episode of city on a hill last night during the rain out

not only is it not new it is as regurgitated as anything could ever be...its basically the town but a tv show

that said it was a lot of stupid fun with kevin bacon and really most of the cast hamming it up in an amazingly great boston way

MDS

when they see us is a borderline museum-quality reenactment of the EXONERATED 5 story through the first 3 episodes. not a ton to recommend there. then the 4th episode happens. this was one of the best hours of tv ive seen this year. brilliant filmmaking from someone that i wasnt sure could do that. hang tough through the first 3 hours to get to the 4th. its worth it.

also i have no idea what theyre doing on the handmaids tale. the show has nothing to say, they are just going in pointless circle after pointless circle and the main character has become the least interesting person on screen. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

handmaids is off the charts good this year...back to S1 quality

when they see us is unwatchable (watch the doc)

must be opposite day

MDS

you are perhaps the only one who feels that way about handmaids. there is no buzz about it and whatever is written isnt kind.

i agree with you on 3/4ths of when they see us. 4th part was legit special.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

Glow on Netflix has surprisingly turned into a really good television show.

ice grillin you

kevin bacon for the GOAT over acting ham it all the way the farg up award....and the emmy

hes so bad that hes incredibly awesome...just finished city on a hill last night and the season was soooooo much fun

tribe and rakim in the final ep too

MDS

it was made specifically for me but i really enjoyed the loudest voice. watching russell crowe get fatter and fatter playing roger ailes is quite the experience. i dont think he was acting by the end. just sort of morphed into him. good job russ.

Eagles_Legendz

Succession is the most I've enjoyed a show in a while.

ice grillin you

happy mindhunter day!!

so excited