I'm in the market to buy a television & need assistance.

Started by Mad-Lad, November 29, 2005, 02:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Got the 55" OLED LG.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-55-class-c1-series-oled-4k-uhd-smart-webos-tv/6453324.p?skuId=6453324

It's incredible.  Makes my old Samsung look like a '70s RCA by comparison.

Best Buy is awful but their Black Friday deals are great. 

General_Failure

Quote from: Munson on November 23, 2021, 01:32:02 PM
Anyone out there able to simplify it for me? Also would love to find a big screen high quality picture TV that isn't also a smart TV. We've got a firestick and I have no interest in connecting my TV to the internet, but it seems that tech is in all of them these days.

Smart TVs show ads, so they're a revenue stream that's here to stay. If you can afford an OLED screen, you'll get amazing picture quality. I don't know how available they are in 1080p TVs, but there's still not a lot of 4k content. Comcast is capping bandwidth at 1 terabyte a month next year, so those of us using them won't have the bandwidth for 4k streaming very often. Even with video games that have quality and performance modes, there's still not that many of them and you might want the framerate from performance mode anyway.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

We have all smart TVs and one of them is on a firestick. It works just fine on the stick without using the smart options.

I did learn that some streaming services are exclusive to brands. Like I can't get HBO Max on our living room TV bc it's an LG. But the others are all Samsung and they have it.

Munson

Looks like our oven/stove may be crapping out. anyone got brands or styles they like? Probably gonna try to go with induction top
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

None of what they make is made to last anymore.  Do you have a relationship with an appliance repair shop?  (If not, you should.)  Ask their opinion. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger