Fantasy Football 2014 - Post your questions but don't answer anybody else's here

Started by SunMo, August 04, 2014, 10:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

rjs246

I have the Eagles D in most of my leagues for two reasons:
1. Week 1 matchup.
2. They are awful and would be unplayable against anyone other than the Jaguars so there was literally no chance anyone would draft them which meant that I could wait until the last round to grab them. They will be dropped immediately after week 1.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Tomahawk

He basically said play the Eagles D in Week 1, dickcheese.

Is it too late to start looking forward to next years draft? We should have a snaking draft since we're only keeping 3, as opposed to the dynasty keeper league we had years previous.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

I'm in favor of the snake...not really sure why it matters since everyone gets keepers.

Need advice...PPR for flex spot:
Kendall Wright - playing KC
Jordan Cameron - playing Pitt
CJ Spiller - playing Bears
Chris Johnson - playing the Raiders
Stevan Ridley - playing Miami

phillycrew

Quote from: SD on September 05, 2014, 10:12:37 AM
I'm in favor of the snake...not really sure why it matters since everyone gets keepers.

Need advice...PPR for flex spot:
Kendall Wright - playing KC
Jordan Cameron - playing Pitt
CJ Spiller - playing Bears
Chris Johnson - playing the Raiders
Stevan Ridley - playing Miami
I would think CJ Spiller in a PPR league would be the call.  Chris Johnson could be a sneaky play since the Raiders will be awful but I think CJ Spiller is more of a sure thing.

SunMo

QuoteThe Arizona Cardinals have another injury to a key player to worry about.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that running back Andre Ellington underwent an MRI in last night according to two sources informed of the situation. Ellington will not require surgery, but he won't know his status for Monday night's contest against the Chargers until closer to game time. The running back is hopeful he will play.

Foot injuries can be tricky and long lasting. If Ellington missed an extended period of time, it would be a devastating loss for the Cardinals on the heels of all their defensive issues. Defensive lineman Darnell Dockett is out for the season with a torn ACL and inside linebacker Daryl Washington is suspended for the season. Last year's No. 7 overall pick Jonathan Cooper is benched to start the season.

Ellington has the ability to be a breakout star if he can stay healthy. He changes the way the Cardinals run their offense because of his impressive receiving skills and there is a steep drop off at the running back position. Jonathan Dwyer and Stepfan Taylor are next in line for carries.

The latest "Around The NFL Podcast" recaps the season opener and previews every Week 1 game.

that sucks. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Quote from: rjs246 on September 03, 2014, 03:14:12 PM
Quote from: SunMo on September 03, 2014, 01:26:38 PM
no, i think i found an somewhat productive RB2 to go with my team of nick foles, julio jones, demaryious thomas, and demarco murray.

Hahahahahahaha. Nice roster.

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

I made a bet with a stranger at halftime after he said how is Toby gerhert killing us. I said I bet he has no more than 25 yards. Dude said at least 75. Answer was 17.

rjs246

To be fair, though, no one could run for yardage against this stellar Eagles defense. They are impenetrable.

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

Sgt PSN

I dropped 170 in my non keeper league. Megatron,  Orange Julius, Cordell Patterson,  Giovanni Bernard, Mike Wallace.

Mark Ingram, Rashard Jennings, Chris Ivory all on the bench.

phattymatty

One of my leagues uses CBS Sportsline and they send out this pretty detailed newsletter every Tuesday. This year has these little Mad Lib style quotes to fill out..it made me laugh.

QuoteCakefoot absolutely embarrassed Here for Phil's $$$ (again) this week, winning by the score of 175 to 93. The 175 points Cakefoot scored set the high mark for the league this week.

"Made my balls swell up to almost three times normal size", said Coach Phatty after the game.

Cakefoot had all (well, most) hands on deck in this win, with seven players beating their positional averages. Le'Veon Bell and Marshawn Lynch were the best of the bunch, each doing 18 points better than the average player at their position.1 Bell made at least five cuts through the Cleveland defense on this play before somersaulting into the end zone.

"I'd probably give him a handjob if he asked nicely", Coach Phatty told reporters after the game.

Meanwhile, Coach Mickey can look to Geno Smith and Demaryius Thomas when passing out blame for the loss. The two combined to score only 17 points.

Coach Phatty did his part to secure the victory this week. He started Knowshon Moreno instead of Fred Jackson, despite the experts' prediction that Jackson should have played.

This great decision netted Coach Phatty an extra 17 points, which only added to Cakefoot's domination. Starting Moreno also earned Coach Phatty the Volkswagen Start of the Week honors, netting more points than any other coaching move.