Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 23, 2019, 09:40:14 AM
I still want him but I'm leaning further and further to that side...might be time to move on rather than give 300+ million to guy that doesn't wanna be here

Harper = asses in the seats

That's the bottom line in all of this, Phils don't have a marquee player. As much as I like their offseason none of the names they added are stars. 2020 FA pitching market is stacked, would rather spend the money on another stud then put up with this bullshtein.

Munson

I'm with SD on this, don't even want Harper at this point. He'd be miserable after two years and want out.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Andrew McCutchen on why he signed with Phillies: "Did you see what they offered me?"
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Rome

Ha.  J-Roll really is the GOAT.  That look was pure awesomeness. 

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 23, 2019, 10:20:09 AM
dogging it isn't the issue

being miserable is

Ask the 2008 core guys how miserable it was playing there for five years with sellouts every night and winning a lot being the key component.  Philly is a great town to play in if you're the right sort of guy.  I have to admit I (like many others) despised Harper when he was a Nat, but I actually believe he'd love it there.   The park is ideally suited for him, it's a big city/major market with only one baseball team, and the fans will love him if he plays up to the insane deal he's about to sign.

It's going to get done, guys.  I think this last bit of wrangling is actually about buyout language just in case it goes horribly wrong on either side.  Money is literally no object.

Rome

Now the Chuggies are offering a short term deal. 

SD

Quote from: Rome on February 17, 2019, 06:50:55 PM
Harper is a Phillie.  I'm calling it. 

Someone get Jay some smiling salts.

Mush

Dodgers make sense for him, he's where he wants to be and can renegotiate in a few years. Instead of jerking him off and playing the Boras game the Dodgers sat back and kept their cards close to their vest to see how this played out. 99% sure he always wanted to play in LA but they used the Phillies for leverage. Maybe I'm wrong here - wouldn't be the first time - but if he hasn't signed by now after all the effort the Phillies put in there's a reason beyond money.

PhillyPhreak54

Bryce Harper is a ho and has been since he was a teenager

Geowhizzer

I'm at the point where I could not care less whether the Phils signed him or not.  They obviously could use the talent, but I'm not sure at this point if it wouldn't be outweighed by the drama.

Just looking forward to watching some baseball again.

MDS

this is all boras' doing...bryce is just along for the ride
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 25, 2019, 11:18:45 AM
Bryce Harper is a ho and has been since he was a teenager

haha

MDS

j stopped watching sports a year or 2 ago but his decade long hatred of bryce remains

its one thing to hate the guy for his MAGAness and douche hair...j bird hates him because of something or other his dad did for him when he was 15. its mind boggling.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

If Boras used Middleton like that there will be fallout.  Billionaires don't like being farged with and they sure as hell don't like being used like a cum sock by some shyster agent. 

If you think things are ugly between labor and ownership now, just watch how bad it gets if that's going on. 

ice grillin you

john middleton might have the least sway in the history of billionaires