Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

im not sure the math was ever working...more like in the first half they had some timely hitting to go along with their pitching....that is long gone....this sabremetrics crap never worked...the shifts have been dreadful for the most part and carlos santana sucks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 28, 2018, 06:57:09 AM
this sabremetrics crap never worked

yes the phillies are the first team in mlb history is embrace advanced metrics. do you idiots realize everyone else uses this stuff? the astros, the red sox, the cubs, the dodgers. everyone. big difference is those teams have a farg ton more talent than the phillies have.

you are welcome to not like it but you cant say it doesnt work. it does work. but you know what works better? having good players.

but yes carlos santana is a fat waste of space, that one is true
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

so they got smashface.

hope he doesn't get roughned up again amirite?

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 27, 2018, 08:31:16 PM
I'm not discounting he will improve but if he doesn't Hoskins cannot be their LF when and if they become WS contenders...he is a joke there

So were Pat Burrell & Greg Luzinski.  That's why they're in left field.   But I agree with you he should be at 1st and fatty fat Santana should be on a rocket headed for Pluto. 

Geowhizzer

Wasted opportunities offensively?  Check.
zesty defense?  Check.
Bullpen implosion?  Check.

And the descent into the abyss continues...

Don Ho

^^^^Above is the microcosm that is your Philadelphia Phillies.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

I was open minded about Gabe kapler but his handling of the bullpen is atrocious
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

I did like the nice ovation Bautista got followed by the three pitch K
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

so they signed santana and moved hoskins to LF because hes such a better defensive 1B, yet....

i cant blame kap for the blown lead. when you dont have any reliable relievers every decision you make is going to be wrong

the real issue was pulling hoskins for quinn which is just asinine with a zesty pen and 3-4-5 up for the nats
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 28, 2018, 10:08:35 PM
I was open minded about Gabe kapler but his handling of the bullpen is atrocious

Agreed.  Painful.

Don Ho

oh my God.  The good old college try.

Don Ho

Hector may be the best thing they have coming out of the pen.

Geowhizzer

MDS

how could you even be mad at this

this shtein is hysterical

Don Ho

Seriously, this is pretty damn funny to watch.