Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

The Hoskins HR was a CBP special.  He nearly hit it one-handed.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

carlos santana ripping some dingers tonight

and check out the wheels on asdrubel
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

whats extra bad about this is that the nats and braves have acuna and soto who look like two future mvp candidates....they are unreal....the phillies have nick williams
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

It is tough to watch them on offense. Good lord

MDS

the 2 players utterly destroying them are santana and herrera

herrera has been a net negative since may. just absolutely brutal. santana is a 1 win player at a core offensive position. yea he walks a lot but 20 homer power from your 1B is rudimentary. hes a low 200s hitter. just not enough offense out of that position.

also has anyone mentioned how fat tommy hunter is
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Isn't Santana one of the Sabr-nerds favorite players? They eschew his BA for other horsehit stats

Rome

Good thing they passed on JD Martinez.  You know, because moniezzz in 2021.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 15, 2018, 10:12:50 AM
Isn't Santana one of the Sabr-nerds favorite players? They eschew his BA for other horsehit stats

his obp is good and his walk rate relative to his k rate is incredible. im more looking at this from the perspective that the other nl contenders have mashers at 1B: freeman, aguilar, carpenter, bellinger, goldy, desmond, rizzo. some better than others. santana lags behind all of them.

Quote from: Rome on August 15, 2018, 10:20:28 AM
Good thing they passed on JD Martinez.  You know, because moniezzz in 2021.

i was thinking about this yesterday. he signed for 5/110 which means the phillies wouldve had to go higher to get him. yes this season they would be at least 5 wins better if they had him. but you have to take the long view with this. martinez is over 30, a zesty defender and retaining financial flexibility is essential. plus, nobody expected them to be this competitive now.

if they had done this contract it would be certainly beneficial NOW, but in 3 years it would not be. boston knew they were a contender so it made sense for them to go for it and take the risk of eating the last few years. the phillies cant even stash him at DH. it really just didnt make a whole lot of sense for them.

if you could do it all over again you dont sign santana, keep hoskins at 1B and invest in a shorter deal with a corner OF like carlos gonzalez.

smeags

im just happy to hear that pivetta has a relaxed posture going into last night's game.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

They activated Ramos. 

Don Ho

Jesus Christ!

HE IS OUT!!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Ramos = Grit

J Bradley Jr. never ceases to amaze me.  Guys got a howitzer for an arm.

Don Ho

Wilson Ramos, the Anti-Herrera

Don Ho

Bour just JFK'd Bogaerts right in the back.  He is going to fit right in with the keystone cops