Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Mike Mike is heating up and a nice outing from the AAA kid. 

ice grillin you

mike has been hot for almost a month
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

romey's been too busy being a soccer fan to notice.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Mostly girl on girl action.  But soccer too. 

ice grillin you

i dont give a farg about the game itself but i wanna know how that dump of stadium in dc gets an all star game before the bank....the nats werent even a team when the bank was built

Rome

2026 is a shoo-in for Philly. 

Plus, who cares.  It's a farging beer-league exhibition that no one cares about anymore. 

ice grillin you

its great for the city both monetarily and puts it in the national spotlight for a minute

MDS

romey has zero connection to philly...he just likes the sports teams. or a sports team. hes from the shore and the swamp of florida. 

but he did mention the correct thing! phils want 2026 and have been waiting for that. of course that is the same year as the world cup in the usa and naturally the asg will be swallowed up by it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I was born there and lived there for a quarter century.  But sure, no connection.  Clown. 

ice grillin you

2026 has nothing to do with not having had it yet....no one was thinking about 2026 in 04 or 05...it came up a few years ago....i wonder if this is the longest a new baseball stadium has ever gone without getting the game

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 11, 2018, 11:16:03 AM
2026 has nothing to do with not having had it yet....no one was thinking about 2026 in 04 or 05

this is the opposite of the truth.

the phillies havent bid on the asg because they wanted it secured for 2026. otherwise they wouldve gotten it by now.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The Bank opened in 2003 and the Phils last hosted it in 1996.  No chance they were getting one that soon regardless if they had a new stadium. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 11, 2018, 12:03:40 PM
The Bank opened in 2003 and the Phils last hosted it in 1996.  No chance they were getting one that soon regardless if they had a new stadium.

hmmm that might be a good point...i forgot about 96....i wonder with the influx of new stadiums if anyone has had two all star games in an unusually short amount of time because of a new stadium

ice grillin you

i dont see any examples but i didnt look terribly hard....i did notice the match up bwtn the two leagues all time is tied at 43-43

MDS

Quote from: Rome on July 11, 2018, 12:03:40 PM

pittsburgh got in 94 and 06

again. this was 100% about the phils wanting 2026. they are then going to wait for 2076, with perhaps 1 in between if we're not all cyborgs by then.