Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

andrew knapp is bad at catching

minor issue being a catcher
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

TMAC suggested Kapler doesn't like closers last night. 

Krukker replies, really, would he like someone like Aroldis Chapman?

Perfect. 

MDS

1. since the string of tough games began, your phillies are 14-16 (not...awful?)
2. phils will miss scherzer this weekend and next weekend

Rome

They're a 75-80 win team talent-wise.  Their "manager" has already cost them at least 5 games, so I'd say they've actually overachieved.   

ice grillin you

mr. analytics calls for his millionth bunt of the year

in the first inning nonetheless
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on June 19, 2018, 08:52:32 AM
TMAC suggested Kapler doesn't like closers last night. 

Krukker replies, really, would he like someone like Aroldis Chapman?

Perfect.

:-D Heard that too and how farging true.

Tommy Hunter on a role with another implosion.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 19, 2018, 07:24:34 PM
mr. analytics calls for his millionth bunt of the year

in the first inning nonetheless

you forgot #maga

ice grillin you

sure could have used that extra run in the first...but instead Kapler has odubel who was 10 for his last 23 with four homers bunt with two on and no out

Rome

But advanced metrics!

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 20, 2018, 07:01:57 AM
sure could have used that extra run in the first...but instead Kapler has odubel who was 10 for his last 23 with four homers bunt with two on and no out

i didnt see that portion of the game, but kapler often has his pitchers swing in normal bunting situations. you sure this wasnt braindead odubel just being braindead odubel

ice grillin you

i mean if that happened then everyone missed it....kapler was even one of the guys at the steps to give him a pat when he come back...although i suppose he could have disagreed with the move and still done that...but as big of an analytics guy he is that would seem weird

also odubel walked right up and did it on the first pitch....yes he could have had the plan in his own mind on the on deck circle but it sure looked like he was sent up to do it

someone said kapler was bunting for a hit to try and take advantage of carpenters fielding deficiencies...which i dont discount but it would be just as stupid as a sacrifice....and im not even a never bunt guy like most seam heads are

MDS

is everyone ready to admit scott kingery sucks or

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on June 20, 2018, 02:07:24 PM
is everyone ready to admit scott kingery sucks or

i was laughing my ass off watching wacha basically intentionally walk santana even though its only the third inning knowing that no matter what the situation no one behind santana in the phillies order was going to hurt wacha

kingery - K
nicky dub - weak ground out
inning over

MDS

theres egg on their faces for sure for that contract, but everyone in the media and fanbase was screaming for him to make the team. they deserve some of the blame too.

im just trying to think of a player that has been this dreadful for 3+ months that has gone on to have a really good career. its not like hes been hot here or there. hes been consistently just awful at baseball, and playing out of position to boot