Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Your hatred of that kid is really weird. 

ice grillin you

I actually like him...but I don't judge a player by like of them ...fact is he's been farging brutal for well over a month and if and when he ever becomes a hitter he still will not be able to play defense

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

they have to have the worst defense in baseball and thats not even counting the cement foot statue in LF

kingery has actually gotten a lot better at SS, though
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

their pen has had a rough couple of days lately but in general its really good with the potential to be great but yeah their defense is brutal and their offense largely absent....if one or both of these things doesnt improve (mostly the offense) then when the SP regresses they are going to be in big trouble

i guess its possible the pitching doesnt regress but the starters have a 3.33 era....i cant believe thats not going to go up significantly.....if it doesnt boy are they going to be loaded for the future with good young pitchers

Rome

I don't know what the stats are, but I've seen enough brutal bullpen implosions this year to last me a whole season, and it's not even June yet.

And the defense is indeed putrid. 

Still, they're 29-22 which is about 10 wins better than I thought they'd be at this point, so beggars/choosers, etc. 

MDS

im not really sure i blame last night on the pen....the defense farged up 3 fairly routine plays (granted, morgan did one). there really havent been "bullpen" implosions. just a few NERIS implosions. the bigger issue which i think you mentioned was the offense shutting down after the cesar hr.

but i guess the team projected to win 70 something games might not make the playoffs? oh ma gad. if they can hang around the playoff race until labor day ill be pleased. right now just happy to be able to watch semi meaningful baseball again.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i root hard for eflin to do well because of his back story but assuming eickhoff is fully healthy thats going to be a huge upgrade in the rotation

MDS

id agree, but theres nothing positive coming from eickhoff. nerve damage. cant feel his fingertips. yikes.

they could also give de los santos a shot, though his bb rate isnt spectacular. really the thing that makes the most sense is bringing cole home, but youre going to do it, do it now. decent chance they might not need him by july.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

He makes Hoskins look like Ted Williams.  1/3 innng 3 H 1 R, and Tommy Hunter of all people bails his ass out
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

pedro florimon with a broken foot....hopefully jp is right around the corner

MDS

he still needs more rehab...they are calling mitch walding

legit question is if, when jp is back, do they do it for walding or drew hutchinson. SP has so good theres been no real need for a mop up man. they are more likely to play a close game, where you could use an extra bat.

Geowhizzer

So no one thought to check Hoskins for a broken jaw before allowing him to pinch hit last night?

Don Ho

Doyers with a beat down through 5.  Eflin looked like horse shtein.  Dodgers starting to get healthy.  They get everyone back at 100%, watch out.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 30, 2018, 09:22:45 PM
So no one thought to check Hoskins for a broken jaw before allowing him to pinch hit last night?

they need to check his broken bat for holes