Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 26, 2007, 02:25:17 PM
Next time I visit my mom I'll take a few pics of it and post 'em here.  The body is pretty sound and the engine still runs.   It's got some rust damage though and is missing the starter pedal so you've got to use a stick or something to reach through the floor and press the starter.  And it doesn't have any breaks or a top.  It's also missing the front windshield, the steering wheel needs to be replaced, none of the lights or gauges work and the passenger seat has springs poking through it. 

Other than that, it's like mint condition.   

dude, gross.  it's your mom
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Well played.  And it only took about 90 seconds for someone to hit it out of the park.  And no, I'm not talking about my mom this time. 

mussa

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 26, 2007, 02:25:17 PM
Next time I visit my mom I'll take a few pics of it and post 'em here.  The body is pretty sound and the engine still runs.   It's got some rust damage though and is missing the starter pedal so you've got to use a stick or something to reach through the floor and press the starter.  And it doesn't have any breaks or a top.  It's also missing the front windshield, the steering wheel needs to be replaced, none of the lights or gauges work and the passenger seat has springs poking through it. 

Other than that, it's like mint condition.   

If your ever interested in selling it, I'm sure this guy would be interested.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

I've recieved countless offers for it over the years.  And some of the offers have been more than fair given the condition it's in.  Sometimes I think about selling it because I hate letting it just sit in my mom's barn but it's got a ton of sentimental value to me.......which to this point in my life still holds more value to me than money. 

PhillyPhreak54

After posting my ladylike side in the other thread I need a good soul cleansing and this is the place to do it. And yes, Romey, I may end up having 5K in here.

I love working on cars. Well, I should say I love working on muscle cars. That lame ass bullshtein like Hondas and Acuras do not count.

I had a room full of bolt on mods for a Mustang when I was 15. I had no car yet but I had parts to put on one. When I got my first Mustang I slept in it the first night, no bullshtein. I spent so much time detailing and other stuff that I fell asleep in it. I thought I was dreaming when I woke up.

I have helped rebuild engines and trans'..I can't do it all by myself because I don't know enough about things such as valve relief, torque specs and things of that nature. Transmissions are something that I will not do anymore. I will pay to have those done or just buy a new one.

I used to work in a machine shop doing valve jobs, resurfacing heads and things like that. It was a cool job to have after high school while waiting for my job with TDCJ to start.

I can hear a Mustang from far away and know it just by the exhaust noise. Goddamn I need to get another one soon. There is no better Saturday afternoon than spendng it wrenching on a car and drinking beer.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 26, 2007, 06:50:49 PMThat lame ass bullshtein like Hondas and Acuras do not count.

You can't imagine that people derive the same pleasure and satisfaction out of tuning a Honda that you do out of a Mustang??  Come on... 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

Man, this is a cool thread. Personally, I just can't afford and don't have time to own or do what I used too as far as cars and trucks are concerned. Never raced any, but like I said in another thread, had a nice challenger when I was younger. Had a 'stang' also. I had friends that knew a lot more about working on them than I did. My best buddy still has his '71' Z28 Camaro. We get together at times and cruise, real slow 'cause that bad boy has 4:88's in the rear. But when you stomp it your head goes back real quick. He still has the muncie rock crusher 4 speed in it that he had way back when. I can't believe it has lasted that long. I'll try and get a pic.

I saw the 'Cuda' funny car in your pics pfdc. Nice. Is that a '68' body?

Close as I've come to a hot rod lately was a '89' F350 with the 460 diesel. Had a 4" lift kit. 12 hundreds all around. BF Goodrich all terrain. That farging thing was a beast. It would go through anything, but I had to get more economical. Bought a  '03' Dodge Ram 2500 4x4. It's more economical with no lift. :-D

Diomedes

Quote from: shorebird on January 26, 2007, 09:36:46 PM...friends that knew a lot more about working on them than I did.
I've got a couple friends who know a lot more than me, and have projects they're always working on.  The way I learn, and persuade them to help me, is by making a standing offer to help with anything they've got.  A second pair of hands and eyes are often welcome, even if they aren't the most skilled/knowledgeable.  I can fetch tools and help hold things, all the while learning. 
Not to mention hanging out with pals.
Why anyone would golf instead of work on cars/motorcycles/engines, I don't know.

Quote from: shorebird on January 26, 2007, 09:36:46 PMClose as I've come to a hot rod lately was a '89' F350 with the 460 diesel. Had a 4" lift kit. 12 hundreds all around. BF Goodrich all terrain. That farging thing was a beast. It would go through anything, but I had to get more economical. Bought a  '03' Dodge Ram 2500 4x4. It's more economical with no lift.
Ha, ha.  Been reading the global warming thread, huh?  Doing your part??
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on January 26, 2007, 09:20:54 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 26, 2007, 06:50:49 PMThat lame ass bullshtein like Hondas and Acuras do not count.

You can't imagine that people derive the same pleasure and satisfaction out of tuning a Honda that you do out of a Mustang??  Come on... 

Oh, I know they do. I just don't like it.

American muscle >> imports

Diomedes

You're entitled to your opinion.  To me, it's all the same. 

shorebird

Quote from: Diomedes on January 26, 2007, 09:55:21 PM
Ha, ha.  Been reading the global warming thread, huh?  Doing your part??

Yeah, if they ever come out with a 4 wheel drive hybrid that has at the very least, 300 hp, I'll think about doing my part.

shorebird

My son is getting his full fledged license in one month. He is Honda Civic all the way.  I told him he better damn site get a good job.

Diomedes

You can do some hot shtein with a Civic.  If you're not Phreak, that is. 

PhillyPhreak54

Correct, sir. Those hyped up 4 cylinder bumblebee sounding things are murder on my ears.

Diomedes

Not to mention hella faster than you'd like to admit?