Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

the perfection - wild campy gory me too movement fun as hell movie starring an unbelievably hot logan browning and allison wiliams that knows its really silly and maybe even really dumb but so do you

7/10

american honey - can a movie that literally might be an hour too long be a masterpiece?...its way long yet you cant take your eyes off it for one second....they keep doing the same shtein over and over again yet every scene is so much greater than the sum of its parts...it probably has zero watchability yet i cant stop thinking about it...the characters seem so farging real that if shia lebeouf wasnt in it you could be fooled into thinking it is a documentary...hes fantastic in it dont get me wrong but you obviously know hes an actor...the rest of the cast is basically an urban version of the movie kids...such a bittersweet take on poverty in middle america versus urban america which you see a lot more in movies...doesnt matter if you are from the projects in east new york brooklyn or a prairie town in the midwest you can feel an infinitesimal distance away from the rest of the world...also this is an incredibly well shot movie with outrageous cinematography...i probably love this movie way more than i should but theres just something about it

10/10
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Godzilla-So this was a whole lot of fun. The human story was a bit convoluted and over the top, especially if you don't know any Godzilla lore, but then again most all of these movies human elements have been ridiculous or stupid. Like I'm pretty sure the script was like 85% exposition if not more. That's really all I need in a monster fighting movie. The monsters looked great, the fight scenes were awesome, etc. If you liked any Godzilla movies growing up, you'll enjoy it. A good 2 hours of mindless fun. My biggest complaint is the main family that the human story is centered around, no one gives a shtein about the family drama, and they/the drama mostly just exists to introduce a way for certain monsters to end up where they do.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

"Yesterday" was excellent.   I doubt everyone would like it and the critics hated it but I had a great time.

Hamesh Patel can really sing and Kate McKinnon is over the top hilarious.   Plus Lily James.  Loved her in this. 

A+

Tomahawk

A doc on prime "The Island President" is an interesting look in the history of democracy in the Maldives and how climate change will likely cause the country to be swallowed by the Indian Ocean

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on July 03, 2019, 10:29:35 PM
A doc on prime "The Island President" is an interesting look in the history of democracy in the Maldives and how climate change will likely cause the country to be swallowed by the Indian Ocean

im trying to watch this now and am struggling with turning it off its so boring....hopefully it picks up steam and gets better

Tomahawk

Yeah it wasn't the most riveting, but I liked the behind the scenes conversations leading up to, during, and after the climate change symposium, especially naming the countries who refused to agree or outright tried to kill it even though the agreement didn't any enforcement teeth. India's reluctance is especially ironic in light of the fact that Chennai is now essentially out of water.

ice grillin you

it was an interesting story/premise but the production quality made it unwatchable

ice grillin you

apollo 11 - fantastic new doc celebrating the anniversary that has the most amazing footage youll ever see...much of it never seen before and a lot of in what i presume is upgraded quality and color...just a great watch

9/10

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 20, 2019, 02:51:05 PM
apollo 11 - fantastic new doc celebrating the anniversary that has the most amazing footage youll ever see...much of it never seen before and a lot of in what i presume is upgraded quality and color...just a great watch

9/10
The CNN one?

ice grillin you

SD

Watched it last night it's excellent

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I've seen a total of five of those movies. Two of them were butts, two were good, and Into the Spider-Verse is way too low on that list.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

Two for me, and only because of the children:  the Star Wars fiasco and Black Panther.