Hockey Poll

Started by Wingspan, July 29, 2005, 04:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which kind of hockey person are you as far as hockey habits regarding the rule/cap changes?

I was a fan before the lockout, I'm a fan now.
10 (50%)
I was a fan before the lockout, I dont care much now.
4 (20%)
I was a fan before the lockout, I hate it now.
0 (0%)
I was NOT a fan before, but will be now.
0 (0%)
I was NOT a fan before, but am interested now.
0 (0%)
I was NOT a fan before, that wont change.
6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MURP

I was NOT a fan before, that wont change. (unless the Flyers sign Bob Probert)

Wingspan

i was really not much more than a casual hockey fan before. and the lockout pretty much showed me that i didn't really miss it all that much.

besides i think some of the new rules are just down right farging stupid (the fighting penalties in the last 5 minutes, was there even another reason to watch a 4-0 game with 5 minutes left other than the fights)

the nhl and the players union really screwed to pooch on this one
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MURP

is there a list of all the new rules?

Tomahawk

I didn't even know there was a lockout for like three months

Wingspan

Quote from: MURP on July 29, 2005, 04:34:55 PM
is there a list of all the new rules?

yep...on the least used site in internet history

QuoteINSTIGATOR Hoyda RULE

A player who instigates a fight in the final five minutes of a game will receive a game misconduct and an automatic one-game suspension. The length of suspension would double for each additional incident.

As well, the player's Coach will be fined $10,000 -- a fine that would double for each such incident.

Booooooooo
Connection Problems

Tomahawk

Fights were the only good thing about hockey. That and beer. Fights and beer were the only good things about going to hockey games.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Tomahawk on July 29, 2005, 04:43:48 PM
I didn't even know there was a lockout for like three months

There was a lockout? 

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

satoshi

I'm not  a fan but enjoyed a flyers game before. Pretty cool to see at Wachovia Center.

PhillyGirl

QuoteOFFICIATING POINTS OF EMPHASIS

* Zero tolerance on Interference, Hooking and Holding/Obstruction.

* Goaltenders who play the puck behind the goal line but outside the designated puck handling area will be penalized for delay of game.

* Goaltenders will be penalized for delaying the game if they "freeze" the puck unnecessarily.

* Any player who shoots the puck directly over the glass in his defending zone will be penalized for delay of game.

All good rules that at first will cause more penalties, but in time will REALLY affect the frequency of stoppage of play, making the game faster and smoother and not so stop and go.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

I was a fan before the lockout and will remain one.

Maybe I should add something to my sig line?

:-D

Yeti

Flyers Fan.  :yay

Flyer take the Cup this year now that you can't trap.

Jersey Devils are gonna suck now.  :-D
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Zanshin

Didn't vote, because my answer wasn't there.  I can take or leave hockey; if I caught a game I was interested, I'd watch for awhile and I'd pay a bit more attention when playoffs rolled around.  Won't be much different in the future, I'd think.

Geowhizzer

Answered earlier:  Was a fan, still a fan.

Go Flyers!