Jason Peters - Philadelphia Eagle

Started by mikey418, April 17, 2009, 01:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

Quote from: Magical_Retard on April 17, 2009, 02:55:42 PM
I like it and dont like it. It sures up the OLINE but no more Boldin, Ocho, or Edwards. No chance now.

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 17, 2009, 03:09:46 PM
I am really glad that they took a couple of picks they would have farged up off the table, are going to shell out the money, and got a great young player for the offense.

But, if they could have made the same deal for Boldin, maybe they should have.  Or maybe not.  I don't farging know.

This is where I am.  I like the move as far as the O-Line goes, but it almost certainly takes them out of the running for Boldin or somebody like that.  That #28 pick kinda represented a hope that the Eagles would land one of them.  Now I just hope they don't end up in the NFC East.

Longshot, I know... but Chad could still be a possibility though.  I don't think he demands a 1st round pick now... being 31 and coming off a down year.  Hell... we got T.O. for a 5th and Randy Moss went for a 4th.

With all these rumors being floated out there as far as trades for the Eagles, Boldin was probably the most exciting, but would anyone cry if the Eagles got Peters with #28 (which they did), got Chad with a 2nd or 3rd and snagged Moreno with #21?  Again... a longshot, but I'd be happy with that overall outcome in addressing the offense.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Feva

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 17, 2009, 01:57:34 PM
Sal Pal says the other pick is a 4th

I just heard on the radio that it's a 6th in 2010.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyGirl

GOod move.

We THEY still have no #1 WR.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

Quote from: EagleFeva on April 17, 2009, 03:25:44 PM

i think its all three

1st, 4th, and a 6th in 2010
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Kenzinger

An improvement in the running game would do a lot more to help this team than a wideout. It would be really nice to have a receiver like Boldin, but the Eagles were among the top passing teams in football last year anyway. What killed them was the lack of a running game and particularly the problems in short yardage and the redzone.

mussa

There is no freaking way they get a veteran wideout now. Frankly I am okay with this, after Tra leaving and Runyan unsure of, our Oline all a sudden was looking very unproven. They need to sure up the line and I am hoping this guy will be a perfect fit. I don't know anything about him other than he is a pro bowler, but that doesn't mean he's the real deal.

I still hope they try and move up in the draft for RB or WR, but again, I'd rather have them go after a proven WR than gamble on a player Reid drafts.

I just wish they ran a running offense

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Feva

Quote from: SunMo on April 17, 2009, 03:28:40 PM
Quote from: EagleFeva on April 17, 2009, 03:25:44 PM

i think its all three

1st, 4th, and a 6th in 2010

Yeah, I know it was 3 picks... I just figured Ed meant the undisclosed pick in '10 when he referred to it as the "other" pick.

ice grillin you

key to the deal is being able to get peters with 28 and not 21...the difference is only seven picks but it might as well be a whole round when you look at players like knowshon who could be there at 21 but not 28

multiple fives will be traded to get the fourth back
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

pinoyboy2pt0

Quote from: General_Failure on April 17, 2009, 02:00:59 PM
The good news is the Eagles can say they were totally aggressive and improved the offense. The bad news is they're going to be content to let McNabb play another season without that one player that makes the offense go from statistically good to superbowl good. Boy, am I kicking myself now for not having season tickets.

exactly.  "yah!" but it's still going to be the same story.  70% pass plays.  play action, then mcnabb just standing there.  start out zesty, go on a december run, get in the playoffs, lose in the NFCCG.

there, no need to watch the season now :)
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 17, 2009, 03:36:21 PM
key to the deal is being able to get peters with 28 and not 21...the difference is only seven picks but it might as well be a whole round when you look at players like knowshon who could be there at 21 but not 28

Oh yeah, I'd actually been kind of pissed if they had traded #21 in the deal for Peters.  Hell, it would have even bothered me somewhat if they had given up #21 in a Boldin deal because #21 is all but a lock to be a RB, and I think Knowshon is at the top of the list.  I think the only way they can go outside of RB is if Knowshon is gone and Pettigrew is still out there.  I don't think they sit there at #21 and grab Donald Brown, Beanie or Shady.

mussa

Quote from: pinoyboy2pt0 on April 17, 2009, 03:41:14 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on April 17, 2009, 02:00:59 PM
The good news is the Eagles can say they were totally aggressive and improved the offense. The bad news is they're going to be content to let McNabb play another season without that one player that makes the offense go from statistically good to superbowl good. Boy, am I kicking myself now for not having season tickets.

exactly.  "yah!" but it's still going to be the same story.  70% pass plays.  play action, then mcnabb just standing there.  start out zesty, go on a december run, get in the playoffs, lose in the NFCCG.

there, no need to watch the season now :)

im willing to bet large amounts of money on this
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: EagleFeva on April 17, 2009, 03:45:02 PM

Oh yeah, I'd actually been kind of pissed if they had traded #21 in the deal for Peters.  Hell, it would have even bothered me somewhat if they had given up #21 in a Boldin deal because #21 is all but a lock to be a RB, and I think Knowshon is at the top of the list.  I think the only way they can go outside of RB is if Knowshon is gone and Pettigrew is still out there.  I don't think they sit there at #21 and grab Donald Brown, Beanie or Shady.

farging Georgia homer boy

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 17, 2009, 03:49:04 PM
Quote from: EagleFeva on April 17, 2009, 03:45:02 PM

farging Georgia homer boy
dont piss Feva off, he'll get his boy
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons