Jason Peters - Philadelphia Eagle

Started by mikey418, April 17, 2009, 01:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

E - A - G - L - E - S    Eagles!

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 17, 2009, 05:21:57 PM
actually the tone of this thread has been a neutral vibe and probably even swayed towards the negative

only jays thumbs up emoticon has kept it above water

Yeah, but he still needs to play well and not be a lazy ass. If its the 2007 Peters; steal. If its 2008 Peters, then they are in trouble.

ice grillin you

im down for the trade and like it but i dont think you can ever call it a steal...especially when you consider they could have had otah for just the first rounder

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Hard not to like this trade, they get a Pro Bowl left tackle for a late first and a fourth.  I was listening to NFL Radio yesterday and they were saying the reason that Peters had a bad season last year was mainly attributed to the hold-out.  Today they had Jason Smith on and he was in Philly today for an interview.  He said after the Eagles got Jason Peter they were pretty much "well nice of you to stop by see you later." They then dropped him off at the wrong airport or some sthein.  

I have been on the Moreno band wagon for a while now, I really hope they get him.  It is not guaranteed he will be there, but RBs haven't been going very high over the past few years.   Though they will probably draft a defensive lineman again.  
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

rjs246

So he blows out a knee during the third preseason game, right?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 17, 2009, 05:38:58 PM
He said after the Eagles got Jason Peter they were pretty much "well nice of you to stop by see you later." They then dropped him off at the wrong airport or some sthein. 

:-D  then stuck him with the cab fare and hotel bill.

General_Failure

Him and Andrews half-ass it all year, while Andrews the Younger reads Twilight and cuts himself.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 17, 2009, 05:02:14 PM

Per the report, Peters is at the Eagles' training complex.

:-D

Must be a typo. "AT" needs to be capitalized.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 17, 2009, 05:43:12 PM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 17, 2009, 05:38:58 PM
He said after the Eagles got Jason Peter they were pretty much "well nice of you to stop by see you later." They then dropped him off at the wrong airport or some sthein. 

:-D  then stuck him with the cab fare and hotel bill.

sounds like they dropped him off at the northeast airport

General_Failure

Are you sure the IS doesn't need to be capitalized instead?

The man. The myth. The legend.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 17, 2009, 05:37:13 PM
im down for the trade and like it but i dont think you can ever call it a steal...especially when you consider they could have had otah for just the first rounder

Otah is not a LT in the NFL. If he's moved there it would be a mistake.

It's really hard not to like this move. If you really don't think Peters will bounce back from 2008, then that is one thing. But for anyone to say this move prevents you from getting Boldin, Edwards or anyone you wanted in the draft, then that is just ridiculous if you think Peters can play.

You can't go into an NFL season without a LT, and this team just potentially got a pro bowl caliber one who is still in his 20's.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Eagaholic

I wouldn't see the Otah and Peters deal as being a wash since Demps, and DJax or Laws (and maybe McGlynn?) also came with the Carolina deal. It might be different if they had to worry about the cap but since they don't they probably made out way better than taking Otah.

ice grillin you

i didnt say it was a wash i said it could never be considered a steal

The BIGSTUD

The best thing about this trade is no dreading them trading both firsts to move up for a LT. I didn't think they'd do that anyway, but anything is possible with their obsession of lineman.

If Andre Smith started to slip to around 8, it would've been nerve-wracking.

Now we still got a 1st to play with and still have the 2nd and 3rd rounders. Plus all the 5th rounders to package together and move up in earlier rounds if we still want to. There is still a ton the Eagles can do.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

Quote from: King Cole on April 17, 2009, 06:20:05 PM
The best thing about this trade is no dreading them trading both firsts to move up for a LT. I didn't think they'd do that anyway

lol