the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Get her a bottle of Tullamore D.E.W. then; it's better than Jameson.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

All of Mississippi's beaches have been closed for swimming due to toxic algae

QuoteThe Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) issued a statement saying the closures were mandated in Jackson County, which spans a sizable chunk of the Mississippi coastline, "due to a blue-green Harmful Algal Bloom (HAB) extending into those areas."

According to the Mississippi Clarion Ledger, all of Mississippi's 21 beaches have now been closed and the algal bloom is caused by the opening of the Bonnet Carre spillway in Louisiana, which has brought an "excessive amount of freshwater to the coastline." The spillway was partially opened to offset a rising Mississippi River that swelled due to an especially wet winter in the Mississippi Valley.

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

Diomedes

Yes, but how advanced is face and neck tattoo recognition technology?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I still say it was the most brilliant marketing gimmick of all time.  Utterly ingenious. 

My buddy Craig did his master's thesis at Penn on it.   

ice grillin you

huh?

it was a horrendously awful marketing decision...read the article

SD

Daughter wants to see Hamilton (Forrest theater)for her birthday. I put in for the ticket lottery and was selected. Bought 4 Center Orchestra seats for $800 today. I know nothing about the play other than it's about Alexander Hamilton, has hip hop, and at some point they pissed Pence off.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 09, 2019, 01:04:01 PM
huh?

it was a horrendously awful marketing decision...read the article

Do you know what the term "publicity" means?   It was a brilliant move.  There was mass outrage generated.  Coke was the STORY for weeks.  The "controversy" led national newscasts.  It was front page news. 

It was a marketing gimmick that paid off spectacularly for them.

Tomahawk

Coca Cola neither created, nor appreciated, the controversy, and the negative publicity forced them to abandon the new recipe, essentially wasting the millions they spent on product development.

The article didn't state if sales were positively affected after the reintroduction of classic coke, but the failure of new coke was a bewildering embarrassment to them.

If it were a gimmick, they wouldn't have ceased production of new coke, or would have planned for its demise by not spending anything on product development, by having a limited market release that did not include outright replacing the og, and would not have used terms like D-Day in internal communications to stress the importance of the success of new coke.

Rome

Coke re-established its market dominance after the New Coke hullabaloo.  Whether it was via some grand master plan or sheer luck, you can't dispute the aftermath.  I remember being hungover as hell while visiting my girlfriend in Connecticut and trying one for the first time.  Tasted like Pepsi to me.  Too sweet.  Cherry Coke was good, though.  That came out around the same time. 

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

shtein is so dope....

https://apolloinrealtime.org/11/

General_Failure

Google uses Gmail to track a history of things you buy — and it's hard to delete

QuoteLast week, CEO Sundar Pichai wrote a New York Times op-ed that said "privacy cannot be a luxury good." But behind the scenes, Google is still collecting a lot of personal information from the services you use, such as Gmail, and some of it can't be easily deleted.

A page called "Purchases" shows an accurate list of many — though not all — of the things I've bought dating back to at least 2012. I made these purchases using online services or apps such as Amazon, DoorDash or Seamless, or in stores such as Macy's, but never directly through Google.