NFC East Prediction

Started by 4and26, May 15, 2006, 02:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 16, 2006, 08:56:13 AM
andre carter will help the skins just as much if not more than howard will the eagles

link?

ice grillin you

i just think hes a slept on signing...someone williams will have making plays all over the field

how about a wager as to who has more sacks carter vs howard
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 16, 2006, 08:56:13 AM
i didnt say they made big time improvements...i said they improved more than the eagles...andre carter will help the skins just as much if not more than howard will the eagles

you can say they overpaid for the wr's but they will greatly improve the team...their #2 and 3 wr's were the worst in the nfl and now they are are one of the best...thats a HUGE upgrade there...thier offense has the potential to be scary good if brunnel is even average...hes definitely the question mark which is why i put the eagles on basically the same level as the skins assuming mcnabb comes back and plays like hes capable of...but if brunnel proves that hes not done the skins win the division

I'm starting to believe you're a Skins fan in denial.

The Carter/Howard comment was bad enough, but then to say Randle El and Lloyd are one of the best #2 and #3 receivers in the NFL is a joke.

Zanshin

Granted history isn't on their side, but how can the guy say that the Eagles still can't run the ball?  The line has been revamped with tremendous size, Reid promises to run more, Westbrook is healthy, and Moats flashed some nice potential last year....and yet they already "can't"?  Maybe they will and maybe they won't...but it's certainly not an open and shut "can't."

ice grillin you

The Carter/Howard comment was bad enough

carter has been in the league five years and outsacked howard in four of them...why is that comment so absurd...add to that williams system fits carter perfectly...could howard have more sacks sure...but its 50/50 at best

but then to say Randle El and Lloyd are one of the best #2 and #3 receivers in the NFL is a joke.

one of the best meaning in the argument...who definiotely has a better 2-3 combo...the raiders and st louis id say...and after that the skins are right there with a few other teams

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 16, 2006, 09:34:43 AM
The Carter/Howard comment was bad enough

carter has been in the league five years and outsacked howard in four of them...why is that comment so absurd...add to that williams system fits carter perfectly...could howard have more sacks sure...but its 50/50 at best

but then to say Randle El and Lloyd are one of the best #2 and #3 receivers in the NFL is a joke.

one of the best meaning in the argument...who definiotely has a better 2-3 combo...the raiders and st louis id say...and after that the skins are right there with a few other teams

Sacks aside, which I've always thought were an overrated stat, Howard's a better player vs. the run. Ask any Whiners fan, Carter was a liability vs. the run.

Better #2 and #3 receivers: Raiders, Rams, Cardinals, Panthers, Bengals, Broncos, Cowboys, Colts

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 16, 2006, 09:34:43 AM
carter has been in the league five years and outsacked howard in four of them...

2005 - Carter had 1 more sack than Howard
2004 - Howard had 9 more sacks than Carter (Carter missed half the season with injury)
2003 - Carter had 1.5 more sacks than Howard (Howard missed half the season with injury)
2002 - Carter had 4.5 more sacks than Howard
2001 - Carter had 0.5 more sacks than Howard
2000 - Howard had 11 sacks his rookie season

Your comment seriously sounds like something Art would say.  Can you say... misleading and argumentative?

Howard has also forced 12 fumbles in the last 5 years, while Carter has only forced 7.

If Gregggg couldn't get Arrington to play within the system, what makes you think he'll have any better luck with Andre Carter?  Sure, he might... but he also very well might not.  Again, you always seem to give the skins the benefit of  the doubt.  Combine that with where you live, and you appear to be a closet fan more often than not.

ice grillin you

Sacks aside, which I've always thought were an overrated stat, Howard's a better player vs. the run. Ask any Whiners fan, Carter was a liability vs. the run.

of course he is...hes much bigger...carter is an edge rusher/linebacker...which is exactly what the skins needed as their pass rush was horrible last year and they lost arrington...hes a very good addition for them as is howard for the eagles

the season will tell and well see whos right but my money is on the skins having a better record than the eagles and carter outsacking howard...but both bets are certainly not locks

PoopyfaceMcGee

So, Howard was what the Eagles needed, and Carter was what the skins needed.

Basically, what you're saying is that the skins had a WAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better off-season because of the additions of Randle-El and Lloyd?  I mean.. I know you love you some ALE and all, but that's ridiculous.

skins' arguably-significant additions:
Randle-El (KR/PR & 2nd/3rd WR)
Lloyd (2nd/3rd WR)
Carter (starting OLB/DE hybrid)
Archuleta (starting SS - but how good is he really?)
Fauria (3rd H-Back/TE)
Rocky McIntosh (will he really contribute in 2006?  only drafted player that MIGHT)
Todd Collins (3rd QB, I guess)

Eagles' arguably-significant additions:
Howard  (starting DE)
Schobel  (2nd TE)
Garcia  (2nd QB)
Gaffney  (2nd/3rd WR)
Barber  (nickel LB)
Bunkley (rotational DT)
Justice (offensive line talent/depth)
Jasper (upgrade depth/competition at DT)
Avant (can make a few plays in traffic)
Jean-Gilles (probably more vital down the road, but also OL talent/depth)
Bloom  (KR/PR/occasional deep threat)

That is some serious hard-on for the ALE/Lloyd combo if you think they had the best off-season going away.

ice grillin you

the skins had a horrible pass rush and even worse 2 and 3 wr's and improved that greatly...its not always who you add but where you add them...ale might not be an all-pro but hes infinitely better than what they had and thats more important...the degree of IMPROVEMENT

the eagles needed wr's and lb's the most and did little to address either...howard is a good signing...i like the schoebel signing as well but they dont improve the eagles as much as the skins signings did for them

did the eagles have a great draft yes....is bunkley goping to be a player ever much less this year who knows....if bunkley is a player and has a big year (not a big rookie year) then that changes everything,...but for the most part you cant really count on rookies to really make your team substantially better...i dont see any eagle rookie being a game changer this year...tho i do love bunkley and he has an outside shot

again you can say that the skins overpaid for every last one of their free agents if you want but what you cant say is that they got better by getting those players

i dont even know what yous are arguing about really...i said the skins and eagles are both 10-6 teams right now...with a slight advantage going to the skins...does it pain you that much that i think the taterskins are a 'slightly' better team right now

for the record i said the same thing last year and got murdered for it

PoopyfaceMcGee

Ha!  I tricked you into calling Randle-El "ale".  I win!

BTW, Logan-El > Randle-El

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yes, but I could still run a talent evaluation team better than Vinny Cerrato.

MadMarchHare

I think you have to assume the rookie that might make the biggest impact would be Bloom via PR.  Hopefully, Bunkley will be a rotating DT and Walker/Patterson the starters, and Bunkley won't be wiped out by December (like Patterson).
Anyone but Reid.

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 16, 2006, 09:08:13 AM
i just think hes a slept on signing...someone williams will have making plays all over the field

how about a wager as to who has more sacks carter vs howard

So Iggy's picking the Skins to win the division, what a shocker. ::)

I'll bet you 20 bucks right now that the Skins don't with the NFC East.