Roy Williams - Overrated

Started by 4and26, September 21, 2005, 05:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4and26

PhillyGirl

QuoteWhy is it that Brian Dawkins hasn't had the amount of hype and popularity that Ed Reed or Roy Williams have had even though he has been consistently great throughout his career?
-- Tyler Walzak , London, Ontario (1:13 p.m.)

A CANADIAN made a good point?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

4and26

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 21, 2005, 05:34:11 PM
QuoteWhy is it that Brian Dawkins hasn't had the amount of hype and popularity that Ed Reed or Roy Williams have had even though he has been consistently great throughout his career?
-- Tyler Walzak , London, Ontario (1:13 p.m.)

A CANADIAN made a good point?

Ahh, yes we Canadians are very, very, smart people.....eh

hbionic

farg Dallas! (just getting warmed up for the thread in a few weeks).  :evil
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Larry

If you saw that Monday Night game, you knew he was headed for the horse trailer.  Madden & Michaels were talking him up and praising his every play as if he were the next coming of Ronnie Lott.

Then came those two bombs.  I think ABC just tacked on Moss's picture over Williams in the end. :-D
More Mahe please.

Larry

Oh and one more thing this article failed to mention....

Where was Williams when Brunell was scrambling -- if you could call it that; he was running as fast as Hollis -- for 20+ yards?  That play was the turning point.
More Mahe please.

PhillyPhreak54

Been saying that creampuff was overrated for a couple years now.

He can hit hard. Wow.

Can't cover to save his life.

Maybe his wife and the rest of Destiny's Child should write a song about how Roy Dub gets smoked on the deep ball.

PhillyGirl

I thought the Destiny's Child chick broke it off with him?

Also, who else remembers Brian Westbrook breaking Williams' spaghetti arm tackles on his way into the end zone 2 years ago?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

I thought they got married? I don't know...

I remember that and I also remember Westbrook lowering his head in 2003 and delivering the blow to Williams forcing him out of the game for a little bit.

That was the game at the Linc where Quinthy got beaten up.

SD_Eagle5

Michael Lewis > Roy Williams

If he wasn't so hyped coming out of college and a top 10 pick he'd be known as an above average safety and nothing more. He's not a difference maker by any means.

MadMarchHare

Anyone but Reid.

JTrotter Fan

He was fully exposed Monday night.  He will never get the same respect again.  What a douche.
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

MURP

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 21, 2005, 07:58:46 PM

He can hit hard.

so can a plate of Scraple at 3am after eight hours of heavy drinking.   

JTrotter Fan

Scrapple...some of the most disgusting stuff i've seen. 
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

twatson

All he can do is hit.  Now that they've banned his horsecollar tackle he can't evem bring a guy down from behind anymore.