New Orleans Home Opener @ Giants

Started by 4and26, September 02, 2005, 06:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4and26

General_Failure

Give em a jersey patch and they'll be fine.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Giants now have 9 home games.  Fargers.

General_Failure

I don't suppose any of the folks that had tickets are going to complain.

WEST is GOD

That is unfair to the rest of the league.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyPhreak54

At least the Jints are playing at the Jets...then it'd be 10 home games.

Seriously though...the Saints suck anyways. This won't help. That team will be distracted all season long.

General_Failure

I would seriously like to find out what happens if the Saints not only make the playoffs but get homefield.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MURP

Let me be the first to say for week 1 :   GO SAINTS!

WEST is GOD

Saints are gonna win week 1 now. They are gonna play pissed off.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PhillyandBCEagles

That town's going through some brutal shtein right now.  I'll be pulling for the Saints all season unless they meet the Birds in the playoffs.  They could use a lift.

That said, WTF??  How do they figure it's cool to give the Giants a 9th home game??  The Saints should play all their home games either at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge (nearest NFL-caliber stadium to Nawlins) or the Alamodome (the team is currently based in San Antonio) until the Superdome is ready to go.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyandBCEagles on September 02, 2005, 09:51:48 PM
That said, WTF?? How do they figure it's cool to give the Giants a 9th home game?? The Saints should play all their home games either at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge (nearest NFL-caliber stadium to Nawlins) or the Alamodome (the team is currently based in San Antonio) until the Superdome is ready to go.

I'm just speculating but maybe an alternate location such as the ones you mentioned either aren't available on that particular day or can't be prep'd in time.  ???  I honestly don't care one way or the other.  They can give every team scheduled to play the Saints an extra home game for all I care.  Of course, that would suck for the Saints because they'd have to play 16 games on the road but at least they'd still get a bye week. 

JTrotter Fan

When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

BlueHeart

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 02, 2005, 10:14:34 PM
I'm just speculating but maybe an alternate location such as the ones you mentioned either aren't available on that particular day or can't be prep'd in time. 
Bingo. Nice to see someone can use logic.

It's not like Katrina hit months in advance of the season, people. The easiest thing for everyone involved was for the Giants to reschedule the game for the Saturday prior or Monday after and host it.

The Saints are most likely looking at San Antonio for the rest of their "home" games, but, as far as I know they haven't been able to nail down a location for certain. Chances are their first 2 home games are gonna be played at the opposing team's stadium.
Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...