First, 1st Round Pick to sign

Started by 4and26, July 25, 2005, 02:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on July 26, 2005, 03:07:19 PM
He is going to be terrible.

I think he'll be agonizingly mediocre.  He'll show flashes enough to give the 49ers hope, but he'll fizzle out and show his upside is weak as hell.  The 49ers fans could only hope it'd be cut & dried like Ryan Leaf, but it'll be more like Jeff George or even Eli Manning.

Larry

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 26, 2005, 03:05:16 PM
Quote from: Larry on July 26, 2005, 02:50:32 PM
I guess the Mormon church is looking forward to Smith's tithe :-D

Is Smith Mormon? I thought he only went to Utah because they were one of the only Division I schools who bothered recruiting him.

Ah, that won't stop them from asking.
More Mahe please.

PhillyPhreak54

The guaranteed money of Mankins, Patterson and Washington are up. Mankins got $100,000 more in guaranteed money but Patterson gets $200K more in salary.

San Diego has signed Luis Castillo and Pittsburgh has signed Heath Miller -- no links yet

TexasEagle

Wow, Patterson has the smallest amount of gauranteed money so far. Wonder if that will bring up a contract squabble in the near future or if he has incentives built in.

PoopyfaceMcGee

We at Team Patterson don't mind EARNING the money in our contract.  We believe Mike will meet many incentives in his contract and will be approached by the Eagles in about 3 years to lock him up for the better part of his career.  His blue collar work ethic in the center of the defensive line will be winning over Philly's fans for years to come.

Thanks for your support.

PhillyPhreak54

Cadillac, Thomas Davis and Jammal Brown signed today...

PhillyPhreak54

Demarcus Ware, Marcus Spears, Travis Johnson and Aaron Rodgers have signed...

I predict that Pacman Jones will be the hardest one to sign and probably the last to do so. There are rumors going around that the Titans will try to work language into the contract to protect themselves from getting screwed because of Jones' behavior.

It's going to be between Jones and Merriman for the last to sign, I bet.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

QuoteMinnesota Vikings:The Vikings on Sunday reached agreement in principle with wide receiver Troy Williamson, the earlier of their two first-round draft choices. The South Carolina star was the seventh overall selection in April and is just the third player in the top 10 to strike a contract agreement.

Defensive end Erasmus James of Wisconsin, the Vikings' latter pick in the first round and the 18th overall choice, remains unsigned. The two sides, however, are said to be closing in on a deal.

Financial details of Williamson's contract were not yet available, and the deal might not be officially completed for another day or two as the team and agent David Canter work on language and details. Canter said his client might not be in camp until Monday night or Tuesday morning.

Williamson caught 91 passes for 1,754 yards and 13 touchdowns in three seasons with the Gamecocks, appearing in 34 games and starting 26. He really blossomed in 2004, averaging 19.4 yards per catch and scoring seven times. A very gifted athlete with great deep speed, Williamson is expected, in time, to help compensate for the loss of deep threat Randy Moss in the Vikings' offense.

-- Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com senior writer
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Someone on ESPN (Clayton, I think?) says Merriman's negotiations could drag on into the season...

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah, I could see that happening with Merriman. He fired his agent right after the draft and hired the Poston's. And they've been their using their usual ridiculous tactics with the Chargers.

Derrick Johnson signed

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 31, 2005, 08:36:04 PM
Someone on ESPN (Clayton, I think?) says Merriman's negotiations could drag on into the season...

From PFT:

Quote"LIGHTS OUT" GETS PAID

In a move that short-circuited what many thought would be a long and acrimonious contract dispute, the Chargers have agreed to terms with linebacker/defensive end Shawne Merriman, the 12th overall pick in the 2005 draft.

"I'm kind of speechless right now," Merriman said told The San Diego Union-Tribune.  "I really didn't believe it was going to get done this soon.  I'm more anxious to get out there than I have ever been."

The contract (which we assume his agents read before he signed it) reportedly guarantees $9 million of a five-year, $11.33 million deal.

Merriman refused to participate in offseason workouts due to the team's injury protection language.  He later offered to attend meetings at minicamps, but the team declined his offer.

More recently, G.M. A.J. Smith talked tough regarding the team's position, prompting many to conclude that the Postons would dig in for a long fight, lest it be perceived that they caved.

BigEd76

More proof that Lightbulb Head knows nothing...  ;D

PhillyGirl

PhillyPhreak54