CFFFL- entire team up for trade

Started by MURP, October 22, 2003, 02:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

everyone on my team (Desecrating Darths) is up for trade.  Take a look and IM me an offer if your interested.  Dont try a cheap deal cause it wont happen.   ;)

MURP

PhillyGirl

Nothing I offered is good enough.  :-[

heheh  ;) :-*
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MURP

yeah even 5 crappy players are not good enough to get Ahman.   8)

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MURP on October 22, 2003, 04:49:58 PM
yeah even 5 crappy players are not good enough to get Ahman.   8)

Like I said, add them all together, and their talents equal Ahman's.  :D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MURP

thats the problem, it still doesnt equal the talent... combined.   :-D

PhillyGirl

Yeah...well....ummm....

I'm 6-1! So....there!

:spank  :P

MURP

RomeyRome

I still cannot believe PG is 6-1.  Has anyone actually looked at her team?  It is embarrasing.  If I saw that team starting the year, I'd have thought she wouldn't win one single game.

I have to hand it to you though PG,  it can't be all luck, so you must be doing some good moves or something because that team is way too bad to win just on luck.

As for MURP, I have made 3 trades and am willing to do another but after looking at your team and my team, I just don't see how it will work to both of our benefits.  

Also, my last trade was supposed to have a 2 day waiting period, and was finished in less than one day.  How did that happen?  I came into work, and later today I thought maybe it wasn't a good idea and was still thinking it over and poof the first time I look, it was already done. ???

MURP

QuoteIf the offer is accepted, the entire league will be notified and coaches/commissioners can review the deal. In a Custom League, the commissioner has veto power for the length of time chosen during configuration.

NB, the 2 day period is so the commish can review the trade... its not supposed to be used as time for a coach who already accepted the trade to reject it.  

As commish, I have to assume that any trade that was already accepted by both coaches will be processed by myself whenever i get to it.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: NB on October 22, 2003, 05:25:50 PM
I still cannot believe PG is 6-1.  Has anyone actually looked at her team?  It is embarrasing.  If I saw that team starting the year, I'd have thought she wouldn't win one single game.

I have to hand it to you though PG,  it can't be all luck, so you must be doing some good moves or something because that team is way too bad to win just on luck.

That's not the team I started with. Injuries and poor performers killed me. I had to make a boatload of moves so far.

RomeyRome

Quote from: MURP on October 22, 2003, 06:50:23 PM
QuoteIf the offer is accepted, the entire league will be notified and coaches/commissioners can review the deal. In a Custom League, the commissioner has veto power for the length of time chosen during configuration.

NB, the 2 day period is so the commish can review the trade... its not supposed to be used as time for a coach who already accepted the trade to reject it.  

As commish, I have to assume that any trade that was already accepted by both coaches will be processed by myself whenever i get to it.

Ok, I'll live with it.  

Just to address a couple things though:

So there isn't a period for other players in the league to veto a trade I assume.  In other leagues there is always a way for other teams to vote on and veto if they don't like it so a couple teams can't screw over the rest of the league, but considering this is a private league I guess you get all that power. ;)  And yes i trust you to be fair, I am in NO way implying anything else.

And to address your comment about the 2 day period being for you and not for someone to rethink their trade, again in other leagues before this one, I have on a few occasions accepted/offered a trade and canceled it before the trade goes through.  Often times in my busy schedule I will offer or accept a trade without fully thinking it through, looking at the remaining schedule, fully knowing injuries, etc.  
In fact in other league rules, it says that you once a trade has been accepted by other player, then you have 2 days to take back/cancel that trade.  The usual rules are exactly for that reason.

So it may not make sense to you that someone would accept/offer a trade and then decide they don't want to go through with it, but it happens.

I didn't know the full rules, obviously neither do others seeing their comments on how they didn't get to vote against a trade.  So that was the only reason I brought this forth, to understand/establish the rules.

As I said I will fully accept it, and move on.  This was not meant to be a complaint or a rant, just communicating.  I actually benefited from this due to me getting Ricky Williams, so I don't mean to make it an issue.  Thanks MURP.

RomeyRome

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 22, 2003, 07:08:47 PM
Quote from: NB on October 22, 2003, 05:25:50 PM

That's not the team I started with. Injuries and poor performers killed me. I had to make a boatload of moves so far.

You mean such as Faulk going out injured :boom  I'm just giving you a hard time PG, that's all.  I look at my team, and teams such as Philly Crew, and then I look at yours and I cringe when I see our teams 3-4 and yours in first place.  But you must be doing something right.  Not truelly meaning to take credit away from you, just giving you a hard time out of frustration mainly. ;)

MURP

There is no vetoing in this private league by anyone other than the commish.  In a public league there is a veto period where coaches can vote to reject a trade if its ridiculous.   This is because there have been many accounts of a person signing up for 2 teams in one league and then trading all the great players to one team so they can win.  

If a trade comes through that is ridiculous (ie Trading Portis for Jeff Blake) then i would veto it.  Otherwise the trades go through.

If i get an email that a trade is accepted by both coaches and its a legit deal than i go ahead and process it.   Ive already had people IM me to hurry up and put the trade through so they can reorder their rosters.

For future notice, i dont think its wise to accept a trade if you think there is a chance you may not want it to go through.   Or if you do happen to do that you had better try to inform me not to process the trade until you really make up your mind.

Infact this is the first time in 2 years someone has made a trade and then wanted to take it back.  of course it had to be you didnt it NB.   ;)