Phils Offseason 16-17

Started by MDS, November 02, 2016, 02:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

remember when the simps complained about not trading hellickson at the deadline?

welp they're about to wind up with around the 25th pick in the draft for him. hes going to reject the QO and sign a multi year deal this offseason in what is a horrendous market for SP. would you rather have a top 30 pick or some scrub A ball player from the marlins?

exactly.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Howie Kendrick for Darren Ruff
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

And Sweeney. 

Good trade.  Really nice move considering their LF's were abysmal last year. 

PhillyPhreak54

Can't really be mad at that.

Ruf's value is basically nil and Sweeney isn't much.

Rome

Kendrick is a solid player and all it took to get him was money and organization flotsam. 

Nothing bad about this. 

Geowhizzer

Just being rid of Ruf makes it a decent trade.  The fact that they actually got an MLB player for him is amazing.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Howie  Kendrick for Ruf?  In
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

they did this trade because all the advanced metrics told them kendrick had a chance to bounce back....he had a low babip last year that was more or less bad luck. so theres that.

oh no! math! data! RAMBLE RAMBLE sports
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on November 07, 2016, 11:59:41 AM
remember when the simps complained about not trading hellickson at the deadline?

welp they're about to wind up with around the 25th pick in the draft for him. hes going to reject the QO and sign a multi year deal this offseason in what is a horrendous market for SP. would you rather have a top 30 pick or some scrub A ball player from the marlins?

exactly.

About that...

He signed his QO

That's surprising

Geowhizzer

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 14, 2016, 05:36:38 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 07, 2016, 11:59:41 AM

exactly.

About that...

He signed his QO

That's surprising

did not see this coming and neither did mcphail or klentak....when does a boras client ever take the QO?

they can still swap helly for that same crappy marlins A ball pitcher in july, provided he is as decent as he was last year. the money is meaningless, the phils have more than they can use, but all in all jeremy hellickson is getting paid 17 million dollars to pitch. what a world.

PhillyPhreak54

That's why it's shocking bc Boras is his guy

With the dearth of pitching I'm surprised he couldn't get a deal. Unless Boras didn't get whatever insane number he wanted and wants another shot at the market?

Rome

Maybe every other franchise in the Major Leagues realizes he's not worth a long term deal much less a one year gift of 17+ million?