Around the NFL - 2018

Started by General_Failure, February 06, 2018, 07:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Ok so if he is mentally ill, why was he still playing football?  How many times did he go through rehab or counseling or whatever?  No one figured it out?  Not his family or his friends, teammates, coaches or doctors?

Come on. 

If he is ill then I'm happy for him seeking help.  But what's probably the truth is he's a guy who simply can't stop abusing drugs or getting caught doing them. 

Either way it's a monumental waste of elite talent.

Diomedes

Meh, he's alright.  Let's not act like this is Jimi Hendrix flaming out.  He's a farging football player.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Don Ho

Officiating continues it's awful trend.  Steelers just called for PI on a ball that was clearly uncatchable
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Cthulhu

Since going to NO Eli Apple is doing very well

Diomedes

Andy Reid is backsliding into the playoffs and a one and done, book it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Offense hasn't been the same since they cut Hunt. Defense has been trash all year. It's a one dimensional team now that is all on the shoulders of Mahomes.

Rome

Hunt was a legit MVP candidate before they dumped his ass.  It's not surprising that they've slid a bit, but Andy is right on schedule with his usual nonsense. 

MDS

hunt was not really an mvp candidate...its all mahomes

williams has been really good (helping yours truly to a fantasy title thankyouverymich). sea and kc were bad matchups for them. 2 ball control teams that ate clock and prevented mahomes from getting on the field. kc's defense has always been garbage, but they previously were able to get enough possessions where it didnt matter. last 2 games they didnt.

outdoors in the cold late in the year, this is typically what wins. andy is andy but this team might just not be built for january quite yet.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

QuoteThe Tampa Bay Buccaneers intend to bring back quarterback Jameis Winston as their starter for the 2019 season, league sources told ESPN.

:-D

PhillyPhreak54

I'll believe it when I see it but it's being reported that Marvin Lewis is gonna get got

Along with Bowles, Philbin, Wilks, Gase, Vance Joseph and Gregggggg Williams

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 30, 2018, 12:34:23 PM
I'll believe it when I see it but it's being reported that Marvin Lewis is gonna get got

Hue is so toxic that he's like the iceberg that sinks the unsinkable ship.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 30, 2018, 12:34:23 PM
Along with Bowles, Philbin, Wilks, Gase, Vance Joseph and Gregggggg Williams

Definitely not saying he's great but Gase doesn't seem like the main problem in Miami. Hard to evaluate him without a real QB or at least a real GM. Winning seven games with that roster is a minor miracle. Like I wouldn't be shocked if he gets fired and wins 13 games with Baker Mayfield next year.

Any chance Matt Patricia's personality gets him fired already? It's not like the Lions to make that kind of move but he's acting like a serious icehole over there and the players like him less than Chip was liked here.

PhillyPhreak54

Good call on Patricia

If they're gonna kill him now is the time after just a year like Zona is doing with Wilks.

Another branch from the Belichick tree proves to be rotten as a HC