Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Incidentally, as of August 10th, he was 3-5 with a 4.83 ERA in 11 starts.  His last five starts have come against Miami, the Mets, ChiSox, Phils and Nats.

Not exactly murderer's row, so let's not fit him for his bronze plaque just yet. 

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on September 12, 2019, 09:09:02 AM
interesting take considering the phillies are running out smyly, velasquez, eflin and vargas 4/5 days

There you go!  Yes the hitting is pathetic but this staff isn't instilling fear in anyone.  Don't bring up the bullpen as I haven't had dinner yet.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Haseley's made some nice plays in the outfield.  I'll be interested in seeing what he can do for a full year.  Hopefully with a real manager.

Geowhizzer

Ha.  Somehow Franco was so slow that McCann's sweep tag was before Franco got there, and Franco got in before McCann could recover.   :-D

MDS

dragging this out another week...kudos
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

What kind of horse shtein schedule is this? Off on a Friday?

Don Ho

That is strange, no Friday game this late in the season?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

not sure if every team has been doing it but a lot have.

so every team has 1 team in the other league that they are "rivals" with. yanks-mets, sox-cubs, etc. this year, its phils-sox (next year its toronto). you play 2 different 2 games series against your rival. you also play 2 different 2 game series against 1 team from the other league (detroit this year).

so out of those 4 sets of games, for a lot if not all teams, 1 series is saturday/sunday which means friday is off. generally, when you have a 2-gamer, its tues/wed and you are off mon/thurs. this was done to placate attendance since sat/sun are the best draw dates and these matchups draw well. so you move them to the weekend instead of mid-week. its a code they wrote into the schedule.

it just so happens that the phillies one is in mid-sept. enjoy a nice fall night with your secret gay lovers, i dont know. youll all be fine.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

that phils toronto sat nite game next year is going to PACK them in
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i just looked up 3 random teams to see if they did it. marlins - yes. mariners - no. blue jays - no.

i know the sox/cubs and a's/giants did it and so did the reds/indians. so this move is probably reserved for specific matchups that figure to draw well (marlins/rays notwithstanding). so id doubt it happens next year based on this.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on September 13, 2019, 09:08:25 AM
it just so happens that the phillies one is in mid-sept. enjoy a nice fall night with your secret gay lovers, i dont know. youll all be fine.

J, Geo, damnit, he's on to us.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on September 13, 2019, 09:25:19 AM
i just looked up 3 random teams to see if they did it. marlins - yes. mariners - no. blue jays - no.

i know the sox/cubs and a's/giants did it and so did the reds/indians. so this move is probably reserved for specific matchups that figure to draw well (marlins/rays notwithstanding). so id doubt it happens next year based on this.

Good point on these rivalries.  Personally I love it but it was strange scheduling A's/Giants, Yankees/Dodger so late it in the season.  I think I heard that was the A's best home attendance all year and it was primarily Giants fans.

Have the Phillies played an AL team this late in the season before?

Don Ho

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Don Ho on September 13, 2019, 04:53:55 PM

Lolol

Sooooo what time you coming over? Bring beer.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on September 13, 2019, 04:53:55 PM

:paranoid