Put on tinfoil hat because it's a Westbrook conspiracy!

Started by Eagleblood, August 03, 2005, 12:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagleblood

I love conspiracy theories. Regardless if it's sports related or other event. Most are usually bullshtein but they are always fun. Especially listening to a real nut job trying to argue why their theory is legit. Well, I'm not exactly a nut job and this is just for fun.  :P

The Westbrook hold-out is very odd and almost mind boggling. He signs a tender then all of a sudden decides not to show without warning. Les Bowen interviewed Westy's agent Fletcher Smith. Bowen directly asks him if he advised Westy to hold-out. Smith would not answer. Bowen felt Westy made the decision on his own.

Rumor control is circulating Westy was offered a very decent contract but turned it down. Now there is some weird contradictions concerning the Eagles and the CBA stating Westy has to show by August 8th or become a RFA for another year.

The bottom line of my rambling: The TO situation was becoming too huge with training camp about to happen. Westy agrees to well planned diversion to create another soap opera. Westy is rewarded  by the Eagles.

I actually love this stuff. The Eagles were so dog shtein boring since Reid took over. There finally is some life and personality to the team.
First rule of Altar Boy Club - DON'T TELL MOM!

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Mad-Lad

JTrotter Fan

When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Wingspan

i actually enjoyed that post quite a bit. i'm no conspiacy theorist...but that was more entertaining than a lot of other camp fodder.

you sir, have outperformed your TOS :CF contract.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Cerevant

Quote from: Wingspan on August 03, 2005, 12:41:20 PM
you sir, have outperformed your TOS :CF contract.
Watch it - get his head too big, and he'll want to renegotiate after his first post...

C
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

General_Failure

We've never renegotiated with anyone and we're not about to start now.

The man. The myth. The legend.

bowzer

Well you better start renegotiating with me, or my client and I, Corey simon, will both be holding out. 

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

bowzer

With the recent happenings with Mcdougle and such, and the possibility of moving Darwin to DE, you're going to need my client at the DT spot. 

T_Section224

Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

rjs246

Nothing trumps Alba's ass. Nothing. In fact, nothing even comes close. I'm disappointed in you.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The team has 5 DE's on the roster without McDougle: Kearse, Kalu, Hugh, Jamaal Green, and rookie Trent Cole.  That leaves Walker, Rayburn, my client (the amazing Mike Patterson), Hollis, Grasmanis, and ginormous rookie Keyonta Marshall at DT.  The team does not need Corey Simon whatsoever IMO, even if you assume they're cutting Gras.

T_Section224

Quote from: rjs246 on August 03, 2005, 02:48:58 PM
Nothing trumps Alba's ass. Nothing. In fact, nothing even comes close. I'm disappointed in you.
i said MAY, not does.  on second inspection, you're right, it doesn't.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

phillymic2000