Around the NFL - 2018

Started by General_Failure, February 06, 2018, 07:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Dumb conspiracy. The names are chosen by an independent arbitrator jointly selected by the NFL and NFLPA, not by the league office.

Five tests would actually be four random tests given that there's a mandatory one given when you join a team and take the physical. And I'm guessing that "like five" is really less than five also.

ice grillin you

lol

the chances of getting tested four times in four weeks is .5 percent...shtein three tests in a month is under 5%

and this just so happened to a kneeler who was blackballed from the league until a new liberal leaning owner came in and signed him?

but of course the player is lying and the nfl is to always be believed because they are so upstanding and moral...im sure theres no link btwn football and CTE either
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Eric Reid has played six games this season. You can be tested after every game. In addition, there is a mandatory one during the physical.

Looking at the combinatorics, there is an 18% chance of getting tested a total of at least 3 times, a 4% chance of getting tested a total of at least 4 times, and a 0.5% chance of getting tested five times. But I doubt he was tested five times, because when an aggrieved party says "like five", they usually don't mean "five".

The bigger question is how the league is rigging this, when like just about every company that tests employees, it's carried out by a third party that maintains a full audit trail (because disciplining employees based on testing is a sensitive legal and medical matter), and whose whole business will be destroyed and sued into oblivion if they are caught tampering with the process. And the league did no more to select that third party than the NFLPA itself did.

Until someone explains that piece to me, it's just a dumb conspiracy theory believed by dumb people.

ice grillin you

is this some sort of maga science math and facts dont matter thing or is this a goodell sheeple protect the shield thing?

even if you believe literally anything is possible to call this a conspiracy is super trumpian...either the math is wrong but if its somehow the math is right then the player is lying

QuoteLet's do some rough math. Reid, like all other players, has a 13.88 percent chance of being randomly picked for a weekly test. Assuming one of the five tests was at the outset with his physical, that means it's happened four times in six tries.

There's around a 40 percent chance an NFL player wouldn't have been selected at all over a six-week stretch, and 40 percent chance he would have been selected once. A player has about a 15 percent chance of being exactly twice in six weeks. Add those up, and 95 percent of the players will be tested two times or less in any given six-week period.

The chances of being picked exactly three times in six games is slightly under 5 percent and the odds of exactly four or more in six weeks–which is what Reid would be at if his claim is correct–is around 0.5 percent.

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on November 09, 2018, 08:28:10 AM
yawn

NFLPA agreed to random drug tests

5000 people on an aircraft carrier and I was randomly selected to take a drug test 3 times in one week. Best part about it is we were already underway for two straight weeks.

QB Eagles

First of all, isn't that the exact same math I posted? I said he has a 0.5% chance of being picked 5 times. Are we disagreeing about whether "like five" means "exactly five"?

Also instead of a dumb argument comparing me to Trump and Goodell, can you make a smart argument explaining how the NFL realistically would have been able to rig Reid getting selected, given the facts I laid out?

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on November 09, 2018, 10:14:53 AM
yawn

5000 people on an aircraft carrier and I was randomly selected to take a drug test 3 times in one week. Best part about it is we were already underway for two straight weeks.

were you kneeling during reveille?

Rome

It's too bad Eric Reid is a total pos human because his cause is righteous as farg.  It's hard enough for white america to support black men protesting as it is but having a fleshpop like him at the forefront of the movement isn't making it any easier.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on November 09, 2018, 10:33:11 AM
It's too bad Eric Reid is a total pos human because his cause is righteous as farg.  It's hard enough for white america to support black men protesting as it is but having a fleshpop like him at the forefront of the movement isn't making it any easier.

this has nothing to do with havas' reddit the donald level conspiracy but this is a rare good romey take
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 09, 2018, 10:34:57 AM
Quote from: Rome on November 09, 2018, 10:33:11 AM

this has nothing to do with havas' reddit the donald level conspiracy but this is a rare good romey take

lol the ultimate protect the shield guy #maga

MDS

HILLARY IS COUNTING VOTES IN FLORIDA RIGHT AFTER SHE RIGGED ERIC REID'S STEROID TEST @foxnews @alexjones
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the loud black man is not to be believed and is running a conspiracy all by himself....GET THOSE SONS OF BITCHES OUTTA HERE!

but one of the shadiest most right wing organizations in the world is to be believed

i mean you cant even make this stuff up

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2018, 10:24:59 AM
Quote from: AO1 on November 09, 2018, 10:14:53 AM
yawn

were you kneeling during reveille?

No I kept sleeping until muster

Diomedes

This is a non issue.  Don't like the drug tests, talk to your union.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Don't like drug tests?  Don't take illegal drugs or banned supplements. 

Or...

Demand that your employers stop requiring mandatory drug tests.