Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

I put ketchup on damn near everything when I was a kid......eggs, steak, brocolli.  Now-a-days I don't think I use ketchup on anything other than hamburgers and freedom fries.  

phattymatty

scrambled eggs and french fries are the only things i put ketchup on.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phattymatty on March 22, 2007, 09:59:50 AM
scrambled eggs and french fries are the only things i put ketchup on.

Why do you hate America? 

Seabiscuit36

Scrapple, sausage, eggs, cheesesteaks, fries, burgers, meatloaf(yum) is all i can think of right now.  
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

Fries and maybe a little bit on burgers but even that I can do without. Ketchup sucks.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP

Zanshin

The only reason I'd use ketchup is to cover up the taste of something nasty...and if it's nasty, I'm not going to eat it anyway.  The thing about ketchup is that it doesn't enhance the flavor of food-- it covers it up.  Pointless.

Seabiscuit36

its just like hotsauce, it makes certain foods better but that all depends on the person
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

See, to me hotsauce enhances the flavor of certain foods...it adds a kick, but you still taste the original food.  Ketchup is thick and more overpowering.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Zanshin on March 22, 2007, 10:14:49 AM
The thing about ketchup is that it doesn't enhance the flavor of food-- it covers it up.  Pointless.

This is out and out bullshtein, and I'm finally going to call someone on it.  Ketchup is a sauce, just like any other sauce.  It has a tomato-like flavor.  No one, even a ketchup lover, will say that it makes a fry taste more like a fry.  It makes a fry taste like a fry AND tomato-like substance.  It doesn't cover anything up.

That said, many items don't need to taste like tomato and don't taste better with tomato.  Sauces and marinades and spices all have their place, but none of them truly "enhance" a food's inherent flavor.  They all add another flavor to it.  If you want to argue that ketchup tastes like shtein no matter what, that's fine.  But the whole "it only masks the flavor" shtein is a pile of horse dooky.

It's a cheap sauce.  It works for some people with some items.  End of story.

Zanshin

Well, farg you too.  You're right about ketchup being a sauce...but that's about it.  It's barely a sauce...sauces generally flow pretty easily and you don't have to knock them out of a bottle.  Ketchup is not as much of a complementary taste as it is a replacment taste.  Disagree if you want, but that's NOT bullshtein.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Mustard, Barbeque sauce, A1, Mayo... You obviously feel the same way about all of those, right?

MURP

Ketchup argument.  All time low for CF?   Daniel Craig territory?

General_Failure

Since you jackasses have completely hijacked this thread, I put barbecue seasoning and cheese on my omlette every morning. If I have them, some mushrooms and peppers too. I make awesome omelettes.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on March 22, 2007, 10:24:44 AM
Ketchup argument.  All time low for CF?   Daniel Craig territory?

Are you saying you put ketchup on an Asian guy's oversized pr0n penis?