Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Im saying that Fast Freddie arguing about ketchup is about as gay as Daniel Craigs instant messages. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Well, no one seems to want to talk about "Life of Pi" or any Eagles-related topics.  Gotta go where the action is.

Seabiscuit36

I also use Old Bay on Pizza, tuna fish, and most potato products
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

in Europe, ketchup is good.  it's a tomato sauce, rather than a sugar sauce.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

I hear Jon Favreau's really gained weight recently. Maybe he's putting too much ketchup on his eggs.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

Quote from: General_Failure on March 22, 2007, 10:25:37 AM
Since you jackasses have completely hijacked this thread, I put barbecue seasoning and cheese on my omlette every morning. If I have them, some mushrooms and peppers too. I make awesome omelettes.

the only weird part about that is that you eat an omelette every morning.

Zanshin

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 22, 2007, 10:24:38 AM
Mustard, Barbeque sauce, A1, Mayo... You obviously feel the same way about all of those, right?

HATE Mayo.  I like mustard, VERY sparringly spread.  Steak sauce is okay, but not slathered on the steak.  Barbeque sauce I'm on the fence about-- most people don't know how to grill with it, which is a real problem.  

SD_Eagle5

PoopyfaceMcGee

The wife and I are going to The Melting Pot in 15 days, and I'm already looking forward to it.

Yes, I realize it's overpriced, especially considering you cook your own food.  However, the cuts are very fresh, and with the coq au vin cooking style, it's pretty damn good.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 22, 2007, 10:37:27 AM
The wife and I are going to The Melting Pot in 15 days, and I'm already looking forward to it.

Yes, I realize it's overpriced, especially considering you cook your own food.  However, the cuts are very fresh, and with the coq au vin cooking style, it's pretty damn good.
Ask for ketchup
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 22, 2007, 10:36:37 AM
Ketchup goes really well with Chick-Fil-A

Nope.  Polynesian sauce on the chicken, honey mustard on the waffle fries.

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 22, 2007, 10:38:19 AM
Ask for ketchup

I think you'll all be quite relieved to know that the mere idea of ketchup as any part of my meal there sickens me.

Zanshin

Quote from: rjs246 on March 22, 2007, 10:34:39 AM
I hear Jon Favreau's really gained weight recently. Maybe he's putting too much ketchup on his eggs.

I applaud the appropriate use of joke recall.

phattymatty

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 22, 2007, 10:37:27 AM

thats one of my favorite restaurants.  i don't think it's tat overpriced.  yes, you cook it yourself, but it's a ton of food.  i never leave there without feeling like i'm going to explode in a good way.  the only part i don't like about melting pot is that you smell like food when you leave because basically the kitchen is your table.  theres a melting pot about 50 yards from my office.

General_Failure

Quote from: phattymatty on March 22, 2007, 10:35:26 AM
Since you jackasses have completely hijacked this thread, I put barbecue seasoning and cheese on my omlette every morning. If I have them, some mushrooms and peppers too. I make awesome omelettes.

the only weird part about that is that you eat an omelette every morning.

I make awesome omelettes.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phattymatty on March 22, 2007, 10:43:43 AM
i never leave there without feeling like i'm going to explode in a good way.  the only part i don't like about melting pot is that you smell like food when you leave because basically the kitchen is your table.

Yep, I have to agree there.  Usually, I leave ridiculously full, but also keep smelling food, which both irrationally makes me hungry and reasonably makes me nautious at the same time.

It's all worth it, though.  It was upsetting when we first moved here, because we tried the only Melting Pot in the area, and it was a seriously a converted Pizza Hut... and they sat a family of 20 rednecks in the same room as us.  It was frankly just an odd and off-putting experience.  However, a new one just opened up in a much nicer and quieter location, so we're pretty excited.

The last chance we had to go to a truly high-end restaurant was during the Christmas holiday - a place called An.  Great sushi, great wine list.  Really nice new place that just opened up.  Basically the whole thing was financed by the founder and CEO of SAS.  Probably the first truly great non-chain restaurant to open in the entire Triangle area.