Nelson Agholor, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 30, 2015, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Yeah but do you watch hours of YouTube videos of players so you know all the ins and outs of their game?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

hunt

no, but i google image search for pics of them wearing swag daddy t-shirts.

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Beermonkey

Quote from: hunt on May 01, 2015, 10:11:48 AM

He's flashing the "hang loose" sign, so that's got to help build his street cred amongst fellow CFers

ice grillin you

Quote from: hunt on May 01, 2015, 08:19:45 AM
safe pick at a position of need...nothing to complain about here.

this team isn't in the position to take boom/bust guys in the first round.

perriman isnt boom bust...he just isnt as nfl ready/polished as agohlar

dorsett is as ready as agohlar and much more talented

im fine with the pick cause of position....like i said i was scared to death he wasnt going to take a wr....and he should take a couple more...but im disappointed once again in his overall philosophy...it was yet another chipstem pick...the guy imo was only the third best wr avaiable on the board when the eagles took him but he played in the pac 10 and gave chip a good interview so he took him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

AshishPatel81

I agree that Agholor was the 3rd most talented of those three, but I disagree he took him because of a good interview. All indications are Perriman is a really great guy and gave good interviews himself. He also is actually more of the Chip Kelly mold with his body type. Chip likes big guys.

I think Chip just thinks Agholor is a better player(for the system), and that's why he took him. I personally disagree, but if Chip thought Perriman was better, I think he would have taken him, because he fills in all of Chip's check marks. Maybe even more than Agholor does, because he's bigger than Agholor.

Eagles_Legendz

@igy -
Maybe...I don't think that was clear this time though.  You had a lot of scouts / analysts whatever who had any of them 1-3.  It wasn't like Perriman and Dorsett were considered better across the board and Chip grabbed Agholor as a big reach.  I think they were ranked interchangeably from a lot of sites I read (Grantland, as an example, did a profile on the top 6 WRs and didn't have Perriman or Dorsett in the top 6). 

I think where you're right though is when something is close, chip is always going to give the tie to someone who fits his culture or whatever, rather than someone who you could say is a better athlete but has more question marks.

Don Ho

Quote from: Beermonkey on May 01, 2015, 11:31:16 AM
Quote from: hunt on May 01, 2015, 10:11:48 AM

He's flashing the "hang loose" sign, so that's got to help build his street cred amongst fellow CFers

Especially me! 

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 01, 2015, 04:29:33 PM
Quote from: hunt on May 01, 2015, 08:19:45 AM
safe pick at a position of need...nothing to complain about here.

this team isn't in the position to take boom/bust guys in the first round.

perriman isnt boom bust...he just isnt as nfl ready/polished as agohlar

dorsett is as ready as agohlar and much more talented

im fine with the pick cause of position....like i said i was scared to death he wasnt going to take a wr....and he should take a couple more...but im disappointed once again in his overall philosophy...it was yet another chipstem pick...the guy imo was only the third best wr avaiable on the board when the eagles took him but he played in the pac 10 and gave chip a good interview so he took him

Dorsett would have been sweet.  And totally agree, I was shteintin' bricks when the Tsar Roger walked to the podium. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AshishPatel81 on May 01, 2015, 05:02:09 PM
I agree that Agholor was the 3rd most talented of those three, but I disagree he took him because of a good interview. All indications are Perriman is a really great guy and gave good interviews himself. He also is actually more of the Chip Kelly mold with his body type. Chip likes big guys.

I think Chip just thinks Agholor is a better player(for the system), and that's why he took him. I personally disagree, but if Chip thought Perriman was better, I think he would have taken him, because he fills in all of Chip's check marks. Maybe even more than Agholor does, because he's bigger than Agholor.

chip goes way back with agolohar....in home recruited him out of high school...also he went to tampa to personally work him out...agholar also had the longest novacare visit of any player and afterwards chip raved about the interview....he doesnt have a josh huff type relationship with him but chip on a personal level friggin loves the kid

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on May 01, 2015, 05:02:51 PM
@igy -
Maybe...I don't think that was clear this time though.  You had a lot of scouts / analysts whatever who had any of them 1-3.  It wasn't like Perriman and Dorsett were considered better across the board and Chip grabbed Agholor as a big reach.  I think they were ranked interchangeably from a lot of sites I read (Grantland, as an example, did a profile on the top 6 WRs and didn't have Perriman or Dorsett in the top 6). 

I think where you're right though is when something is close, chip is always going to give the tie to someone who fits his culture or whatever, rather than someone who you could say is a better athlete but has more question marks.

taklent wise they arent close...true that agohlar made a late run in the process...but he was a middle second rounder for 95% of the offseason...imo he goes second round if chip doesnt take him...

i think the agohlar pick makes much more sense if you didnt take jordan matthews last year...you already have your solid steady good route runner....why not add a potential beast in perriman or a field stretcher like dorsett to go with the matthews ertz's and kkk's of the world

that said i really do like him...shtein he was on my top 3 picks for the first round...hes gonna produce...hes def better than jordan matthews....it sounds like im compalkining about him but im more playing devils advocate and criticizing the thought process of the pick....not the pick itself

MDS

huff and matthews texted aghodollar and said welcome to the team

pimp would never do that
coop didnt

salt of the earth the team is a family guys is what chip and its what chip gets
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

General_Failure

I'm sure this guy will be a fine player and all, but you know what would have been cool? Drafting someone else because Chip didn't say "farg off" to the most talented receiving tandem this team has had in decades.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

SD