Rest Of Baseball - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 13, 2020, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

translation: white people suck at sports
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

I  like it...first and foremost it gets rid of the awful one game WC and in a sport like baseball with pitching rotations the puck your opponent idea is also dope
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

id be fine with it if they kept it at 5, but the math doesnt add up

7 teams is too many. the 3 gamer idea and pick your opponent are great.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

If you're dead set on expanding the playoffs, which MLB is, that's how you do it without deeply cheapening the season. The one game WC is a farging travesty.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 10, 2020, 08:49:19 PM
No.

when they expand to 32, youll have 4 divisions of 4. all 4 winners are in. 2 wild cards. 1-2 byes. 3 chooses who they want. other 2 play. best of 3 all at higher seeds. boom done.

other idea: contract 15 teams. move the giants back to ny and the dodgers back to brooklyn. bring back the cleveland spiders and the st louis browns. only white players. no advanced stats. just avg, hr and rbi. men in suits and top hats. DuRrRr It'S tRaDiTiOn

General_Failure

Quote from: MDS on February 10, 2020, 11:28:53 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 10, 2020, 08:49:19 PM
No.

when they expand to 32, youll have 4 divisions of 4. all 4 winners are in. 2 wild cards. 1-2 byes. 3 chooses who they want. other 2 play. best of 3 all at higher seeds. boom done.

other idea: contract 15 teams. move the giants back to ny and the dodgers back to brooklyn. bring back the cleveland spiders and the st louis browns. only white players.

I was with you until here, but the game needs those hispanic players and one or two negros pretending to be hispanic.

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

baseball will never be cool again.  it's over guys.

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Yanks are without Sevvy and Paxton now. My heart weeps for them

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

Geo, other than you, me and Rome, maybe J, does anyone remember Trillo?  He was so key to that 1980 WSC!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

lol poor j...getting lumped into the old farts club