Week 2 - 49ers: A Home Game With Juice. What's That?

Started by MDS, September 12, 2021, 08:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 19, 2021, 04:21:05 PM
Eagles lose
Graham done
Wentz hurt
Brooks hurt

At least we have the Phillies tonight 🥴

No, you don't.  You're still out!

Eagaholic

Eagles lose
Graham done
Wentz hurt
Brooks hurt

This isn't like you J, you're usually an optimist. It's only week 2 so I don't think Graham is necessarily done for the year. If he works hard and gets a bit lucky in his rehab he could be back in time for the SB.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

QuoteTwo games in and the Eagles still don't have a takeaway, continuing a disturbing trend of the last three years. Last week Darius Slay had a good shot at an interception in Atlanta and on Sunday Anthony Harris and Steve Nelson both got their hands on passes but couldn't finish the play. Last year was the first time since 1996 the Eagles didn't have an INT in their first two games. Now it's happened two years in a row.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Eagaholic on September 19, 2021, 05:04:11 PM
Eagles lose
Graham done
Wentz hurt
Brooks hurt

This isn't like you J, you're usually an optimist. It's only week 2 so I don't think Graham is necessarily done for the year. If he works hard and gets a bit lucky in his rehab he could be back in time for the SB.

Lol fair point

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 19, 2021, 04:28:55 PM
Eagles lose
Graham done
Wentz hurt
Brooks hurt

No, you don't.  You're still out!

Correct! Still out.

Football is on.

Don Ho

Can't wait to watch the condensed version on NFL ticket later tonight as my neighbor who is a Niners fan said niners were lucky and I asked him "what do you mean? the Niners manhandled the birds the whole second half" but he said Hurts missed numerous guys wide-open on under throws and he called out one play I think it was either the first drive or first quarter where Smith was wide open and Hurts under threw him severely.

Saw some of that last week in Atlanta this is going to suck if his arm strength really is an issue as we finally got some burners at receiver and if you can't get them the ball down field, well we got 15 more weeks of this shtein.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

Hurts definitely missed on those deep balls. He was downright Wentz-like with holding on too long waiting for who knows what to happen.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Notes from the game:

Crowd was nuts. More of a playoff vibe only crazier. Credit Niners fans they made up roughly 10% of attendance.

Didn't eat much and starting drinking early. Getting old. Adrenaline was so high during the Reagor step out of bounds TD I had to sit down because I almost passed out.

Don't know if it was just because of the crowd noise but couldn't hear much from the PA announcer. Penalties were just all around confusing, they'd show replays but they'd start after the penalty. The helmet to helmet thing not one person in the stands knew what the farg was going on. Even the annoying Niners fans behind us who were crying over every penalty were confused.

Probably said this a million times during the Andy years but that was without a doubt the worst goaline playcalling I've ever seen. 4 straight qb sneaks and that gets in. Way to waste a huge play. I've always been a "just take the damn points" guy. Philly special sort of changed my mindset but yesterday it was clear the Niners were dominating the los at goaline so no idea why they'd go for it.

Didn't know until this morning the play clock hit :00 on the 3rd and 1 qb sneak to seal the game.

Garrapolo is horrible. First half he missed open receivers everywhere. I was afraid they'd put Lance in because the Birds wouldn't have stood a chance with his mobility.

I'm as big of a Sweat fan as there is but he was easily handled yesterday.

Devonta Smith comes out of his breaks faster than any receiver I've ever seen. Sucks it'll go to waste because Hurts doesn't have a quick enough release to exploit it.

Not gonna over react over one game. But Monday nights a different story. Sirriani gets a little leeway because he's new and had a solid debut but play time is over.