Home Opener - 9/25

Started by DH, September 01, 2011, 09:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Food trucks, two new sandwiches, Johnson's Popcorn, kosher food, and in-seat delivery are all on the menu for Eagles fans this season at Lincoln Financial Field.

Aramark is announcing Wednesday that two food trucks will set up in the Linc's headhouse plaza during each home game.

The Dapper Dog, usually found late at night feeding bar crowds in Northern Liberties, will be a regular vendor, serving a signature hot dog as well as a variation based on the visiting team's city. Aramark will import another truck for each game; the second truck for Sunday's Giants game will be Jose Garces' Guapos Tacos.

Aramark chef James Hennessey designed two new sandwiches -- the "Inside LB," with London broil with horseradish cheddar on a custom Amoroso's onion roll, and the "Chop Block," which has chopped brisket, jalapeno slaw and barbecue sauce on a cornmeal-dusted kaiser roll. Prices were not announced.

Why London broil? Hennessey, previously a chef at the Borgata in Atlantic City, said he didn't want to do a generic roast beef sandwich and found London broil to be juicier.

The chopped brisket, he said, is a riff on barbecue, which he associates with tailgating and football.

Aramark general manager Kevin Tedesco says other new food options are Max & David's of Elkins Park with kosher food, Sweet Christine's with gluten-free baked goods, and the Jersey Shore fave Johnson's with popcorn. Chickie's & Pete's Crab Fries will be available at more stands -- 13 -- this season.

And for the first time, says Rich Green, Aramark's premium services director, club-seat ticketholders can order food delivered to their seats via a Bypass Lane app.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

i cant remember the last time i bought any food inside a football stadium

ice grillin you

new flag set up for this year

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Susquehanna Birder

Geowhizzer

Was that chair your grandmother's, igy?  Looks straight out of the 1950s.

Geowhizzer

BTW, makes me miss my man cave.  Lost it with the second child.  Built a den that houses most of my stuff, but it just isn't the same.  The kids are in that room more than I am.

phattymatty

6 hours into my drinking session i get the ticket call.

see you tomorrow bitches.

MDS

why is the phillies flag 4th?

haters gonna hate
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

:-D Yea, I took that one personally.  You got to earn way to the top of the flag pole.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Love the  baby gate at the top of the stairs.  My wife puts that up during any Philadelphia sporting event in fear I may run out onto the street.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Rome

Quote from: DH on September 21, 2011, 09:30:09 AM
i cant remember the last time i bought any food inside a football stadium

Considering how much food we usually eat before the game it's kinda ridiculous to think we'd be eating anything inside the stadium.

You guys are probably halfway done George's breakfast already.

fargers.

:flipoff

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on September 25, 2011, 08:17:59 AM
Where's the stars & bars?

I laughed. So you're picking me up at MCO Thursday, right?

SD

Quote from: MDS on September 25, 2011, 02:54:46 AM
why is the phillies flag 4th?

haters gonna hate

A little surprised he doesn't have the 80's style P